2

Francisco Lachowski as Xavier Norman [picture in the media]

Okay maybe moving into a new school is a good thing. Start new. Fresh.

"Lass, you've got thirty minutes! I have to be at work a little early." My mom was just walking down the halls into her room.

"Alright!" I shout back, hoping she'd hear me.

I had chosen my beige color jeggings, a thin gray sweatshirt, a gray converse shoes, and some bracelets, as my first day of school outfit

I quickly went downstairs, tripping on the last step— thankfully I saved myself.

I rummage around the pantry, trying to find something to eat. I found some smores pop tart and I popped it in the toaster.

"You ready?" Turning around I see my mom holding her bag and a few papers.

I nodded as I snatched my pop tart out of the toaster, which just scared me.

My mom chuckled seeing me jump.

I stuffed my poptart into my mouth, and are it while walking into my mom's car.

//

"Don't get in trouble on your first day, Lass!" My mom hollered just right after I got out my moms car.

I glared at her, "You're bringing all the attention to me, mom!"

"Sorry," she says not sounding sorry at all, "love you!"

With that she drove off, leaving me alone at the drop off area.

I took a deep breath, and spotted an arrow-like sign with the word office on it.

Well, at least it wouldn't be as hard as I thought.

Soon I arrived at the office. I looked around not knowing where to go. There was a few people— mostly guys. Okay. There was only a guy and me. And the office staff.

"May I help you?" A lady asks.

I looked at her, "Yeah," I walked towards her.

"I'm Lassie Livingston. I'm new," I said nervously, playing with the hem of my sweatshirt.

"Oh, yes. Lassie. Alright," she paused, typing in her computer, and printing stuff.

"Here you go, –its your schedule, your locker and combo is there too," she took a glance at the boy who sits on the uncomfortable chair.

"Hey, if I show her around school. Can I be off the hook?" Says the boy who is sitting on the uncomfortable chair.

She stares at him for a while, and finally giving in, "I guess you can. But I want no funny business okay?"

He nodded

"I guess I need her schedule too, don't I?"

"Right," Ms.Kayla typed in her computer again, and printed my schedule.

He grabs the schedule from her, and walked out. I stood there thinking wether to follow or not.

The door opens again, the boy raises an eyebrow at me, "You coming or not?"

I felt my cheeks reddened, so I looked down. And shuffled towards the door.

I thanked Ms.Kayla, and walked behind the unknown boy.

I noticed that people who are in the halls looked at me strangely. They were glaring at me with jealousy. And the people who were on the way of the boy moved away like he was a plague.

The unnamed boy stops so suddenly, causing me to bump into him. He was holding my shoulder preventing me from falling.

"Sorry," I said quickly.

"This is your class," he pointed at the room, "when class is finished wait for me. I have to escort you to your other classes."

I only nodded at him.

He walks off. Why was he at the office?

Why did Ms.Kayla said he was off the hook if he showed me around?

I have so much questions! And it's only my first 30 minutes.

The bell rang. I guess that was the late bell since there was no student in the hallways.

I am late to my first class. Eh, I'll pass. It is my first class. I'll just make up an excuse.

Once I walked in, everyone's eyes are on me.

I walked towards the teacher, I handed her the slip.

"You must be Lassie," she turns to the class, and shushed them. "Class, this is Lassie, she will be joining our class. Please welcome her."

She then turns to me, "Go ahead and find yourself a seat."

I nervously walked down the rows and into an empty seat next to a guy. He had his hood over his head so I still don't know what he looks like.

Some of the students are looking at me either with worried eyes, or jealousy.

The boy lifts his head up, probably sensing the presence next to him. He took a glance at me, and I smiled in return. I was hoping for a smile back, but he only put his head back down.

Okay, then.