eleven; guilt

Lara had tuned out the rest of the ride, staring out the window as Bucky and Steve talked. She was consumed by guilt, hoping that none of her teammates/friends were hurt too badly.

She was zoned out completely, her hand clutched in Bucky's human hand as they flew. She was squeezing his hand, slightly wondering why his hand wasn't turning purple due to the lack of oxygen. Lara hoped Bucky didn't mind, which he obviously didn't or else he probably would have let go of her hand already.

She sighed, when she felt the jet touch down. Lara finally let go of Bucky's hand, undoing her seatbelt before she she was getting up, and walking out the opening door, Steve and Bucky behind her. They were talking about something, Lara not having the stomach right now to listen to their friendship. Though, when she turned back, she smiled when she saw the love the two had for each other. Whether it be brotherly or more, Lara was glad the two had each other.

Though, this made her feel something in her gut. Her family, her actual blood that she was close with was all gone now, the only true family standing behind her. And Tony. But, she half expects that she ruined things with Tony after the whole fighting against each other.

They walked forward, the three of them, but Bucky stopped Lara by grabbing onto her shoulder. She turned to him, confused, when suddenly his normal hand cupped her face, bringing their lips together. Lara jumped when the coldness of her metal hand touched her other cheek, and Bucky started pulling it away but she stopped him but placing her hand delicately on it.

Lara broke away from the kiss, leaning her head into his metal hand, a smile on her lips. Bucky smiled widely at her, bringing their lips back together. They kissed for a few minutes, before Bucky broke away again, leaning his forehead on Lara's. "I love you, Lara Roth."

"I love you too, James Buchanan Barnes," Lara giggled, as she felt his hand intertwine with her's, bringing her left hand up to his lips. He kissed the knuckles, before he noticed the ring on her index finger. Bucky smiled widely, Lara practically feeling the happiness radiating off of him.

"You kept it," Bucky whispered, looking at the ring on her finger. Lara giggled, smiling widely as she nodded her head. Bucky then lowered to his knee suddenly, making Lara giggle more. "Lara Caroline Roth, if we both get out of this alive, will you do the privilege you promised me seventy three years ago and marry me?"

"Of course, James Buchanan Barnes," Lara laughed, pulling Bucky of of his knees and hugging him tightly. They heard clapping, turning to Steve who was smiling widely at the two in front of him.

"I'd hate to break this up, you two, but we gotta go," Steve said. Lara nodded, disconnecting herself from Bucky, making her way after Steve. They made their way to the door, Lara just noticing the assault rifle that was in Bucky's hands. He had obviously grabbed it in the quin-jet, and handed it to Steve while 'proposing' to her.

They stood outside the door for a second, staring at the openness of them. "Can't have been here more than a few hours," Steve deduced, Lara gulping.

Bucky voiced what they were all thinking, "Long enough to wake them up."

They all walked forward, their feet hitting metal flooring as soon as they walked into the secret building. Finding an elevator, all three of them climbed into it, readying themselves for the fight that was going to come. It stopped abruptly, clanging loudly as the door opened, Steve checking of the coast was clear before he lifted up the cage that was in the old elevator.

Bucky went first, aiming his rifle down the hallway as he made sure the coast was extra clear, looking down each space that was in between columns. They slowly made their way down the hallway, checking every nook and cranny as they went, Lara being extra careful as she had been handed a handgun in the elevator by Steve.