27- United

After those two words of recognition and submission a silence had settled over the pack and everyone's eyes were trained sorely on my face which was pale because of shock.

I opened my mouth but then shut it, not being able to find the right words to tell the pack.

"Is it true?" A man called out from the back of the pack bravely. "Is Luna Rose Conrad actually an Alpha?"

Arden looked at me for permission and when I gave it he nodded firmly, gesturing towards me with one hand.

"Your Luna is the true Alpha of the Night Rise Pack, she was wrongfully stripped the right of leading the pack her father had nurtured by having treason committed in one of the most serious ways in the werewolf world, the hands of his trusted Beta. These past few attacks have been an attempt by Lincoln Dale to over throw the Alpha of all packs, but his main desire is solely focused on us for more than one reason." His eyes flitted towards me briefly.

Gasps echoed around the pack with a majority of their lips parted in surprise. Their eyes had turned black, signaling the dominant presence of their wolves that were all in sinc with their Alpha's anger.

"He has given us an ultimatum, Arden." I murmured.

"This isn't his first time, he is not going to get what's mine." He snarled. So this is what Arden has been keeping from me. I felt my irritation rise, and simultaneously a fear too.

"We are not going to have a war over me." I stated with wide eyes and I saw Arden stiffen completely.

"We are not going to give you up if that's what you're thinking is a suitable remedy." He replied with a clipped tone.

"If that war takes place blood will be shed, and I do not want to be responsible for the children and pack members that would die just cause their Alpha was too selfish to put his mate in danger!" I exclaimed, barely aware of the words that were escaping my mouth. Arden's eyes flashed and both his hands held my fisted ones tightly.

"You're not just my mate, you're my Luna, you're the packs Luna. You have two very large packs of werewolves depending on this, Rose. You said that the Night Rise pack is good but their leaders are bad right? Then why don't you want to help them by returning their Alpha's daughter to her rightful position of power?" He asked me, holding me close to his body. I could feel his breath fan my face and I was suddenly aware if everyone's eyes on us.

'I don't want your pack to turn against you.' I mind linked him after a very long time of staring.

'My pack would never, they are loyal and trust me, Little Rogue.' He replied.

'They may trust you now but the loss of loved ones can make a person do crazy things.' I tried to convince him, but he stoof with his stormy eyes peering into my soul.

'They will not be any loss, I won't let it happen.' He said, confident in his words.

'It's inevitable Arden.' I growled internally, I didn't want to be a fake optimist, I was a realist and I had to voice my concerns.

'It's not Litt-''

"Luna Rose? May I speak?" The woman who came forward to speak was Charlie, Wesley's wife. She was protectively clutching her belly but she had determination clear on her face.

"You don't need to ask Charlie." I gave her a small smile.

"I, as a pack member do not want you to give yourself up to Lincoln Dale, as it would make us seem weak and incapable of protecting our Luna, but that is only the technical reason." She paused. "As a pack we have come to care for you, and your being around us brings a peace and sense of belonging that Alpha Arden could not give us alone."  She gave the mentioned an apologetic smile. "We need you here, and so do the innocents from the other pack and if needed I would fight for you with my whole life."

"So would I." Wesley stepped forward, wrapping an arm around his mate and giving her a loving smile. It had been a long time since I saw my older friend, he looked well.

Drew stepped forward from the crown with his hand raised in the air.

"My heart, and my body is at your disposal Luna." Castile grinned and Arden growled a warning growl. A light laugh emitted from the mouth of the ladies of the pack, and I had no doubt that Castile did that to lighten the tensed atmosphere.

"So would we." Benjamin and his mate stepped forward.

And in the next moment the entire pack had pledged their alliance. There was not one person who was hesitant to come forward, and none of them seemed bitter or forced. They all gave us genuine smiles and I heard a 'we are going to kick those sorry asses' from somewhere close by.

"Little Rogue." Arden whispered into my ear and I instinctively shrunk into his body which was pressed on my dorsal side.

"Yes?"

"I'm not going to let you go, and you're going to have guards around you all the time." He said and I pulled away.

"Don't you trust me?" I pouted.

"A little too much, I trust your selflessness and your guilt to snatch you away from me." He said, I knew that he was right, I had thought about surrendering myself without him knowing but I ruled that option out as soon as our pack expressed their wishes.

The lifeless form of the messenger had been taken away and most probably buried away, his family at least deserved a good bye.

Lincoln Dale was a greedy man who would not ever keep his word, he always wanted more.

"I've become the typical female self-sacrificing protagonist of a best selling teenage novel, haven't I?" I sighed. The rest of the pack was busy chatting with a renewed vigour, a lot of them had already dispersed, emotionally exhausted by the days events.

"No!" Arden said with fake shock and amusement twinkling in his eyes. "You're the antagonist who stole too many hearts." He finished cheesily.

"Well I did warm your ice cold heart." I teased him.

"Well of course!" He exclaimed. "I didn't have a chance against your ethereal beauty my Little Rogue."

I blinked my eyelashes rapidly and twirled my hair around my finger, purposely dragging out the action.

"Oh really ?" I grinned. He hummed in response, burning her face in my hair.

I kissed his mark and he groaned.

"Don't do this here, Little Rogue. I don't want to give these people a show." My eyes widened.

"You wouldn't!" I laughed.

"Try me."

----*----

A/N: Hey there readers!

I want each of you wonderful people out there reading this book to comment the name of their favorite character and also why do you like him or her!

Once again, thank you for all the love!