Then I was scared

Christie's pov

I woke up to the sound of screaming children and banging cutlery. The first thing that came to my mind was what my parents were talking to Lana about outside my room. I was too afraid to ask in case it was something bad. I already knew it was probably something bad but I didn't want conformation of it, so, I left it until they brought it up. I thought if it did concern me, they had to tell me at some point. Countless nurses came in to take my blood pressure and change my wound bandages. It was getting tiring, but I had to deal with it because I caused it.

'Morning darling, how are you?' Lana said as she stretched from her sleep.

'I'm okay. Where did my parents go?' I said looking out the window.

'They went back to get your ba-' she stopped herself.

'Went back to get my what Lana?' I said concerned.

She hesitated. My parents walked through the door with two bags in each of their hands.

'Lana! What the hell is going on?' I shouted right in her face.

'Honey, calm down, please and we will talk to you' Lana said back while trying to hug me.

'No. Don't you hug me. Hugs can't make bad news better anymore!' I shouted.

'Stop it, Christie! Just stop it okay. You need to get better. You are being sectioned which means you have no choice about going to an institution. You're going!' My mum, for the first time, shouted at the top of her lungs to me.

'Okay, I'll go. Yes, I will go' I said, in an accepting tone. I felt enlightened. Like I had looked in the and finally seen what I was doing. I finally realised I had a real problem and it need to be sorted out.

'R-really?' Lana said in a simple tone.

'Yes. I will. Is that so hard to believe?' I said in a lighter tone with a small chuckle.

They all smiled and walked over to me. They bent down and hugged me all at the same time. I finally felt a bit of joy. I had three amazing people, one of which was Lana Parrilla (my idol), and they all cared about me, a lot.

....

Later that day, Lana told me she was paying for the place in the institution and I was probably staying there for three month to see how it goes and if I needed any longer there, she would pay. I was so thankful for her. She told me not to thank her because she would 'do anything for me'. It was around three o'clock when my doctor gave me the all clear to go. I wasn't going home though. My parents explained to me what was going to happen when I got there and though I wasn't happy about some of it, I dealt with the negative feelings by telling myself it was going to help me and my family.

We picked up my bags and thanked the doctors and nurses for taking care of me so well. I was stalling and they could see that but they didn't do anything about it because after all, I was going into a mental institution for them. We got in the car and followed the signs for Birmingham. That's where it was. A fair few miles from Bristol, my home. Then I was scared.