Nightmares~Kyle

"KYLE!" I scream as I see the bus flip mid air. I fall to my knees and start to sob. This can't be happening. I stand up and run over to the damaged bus. I see what's left of Kyle lying on the sidewalk separated into a million pieces. I walk over to his head and look down at it. I begin to cry again staring down at his broken corpse.

His eyes dart open and he screams "Save me!". He scares me and I jump backwards falling to the ground. Blood starts to pour out of his mouth and I start to crawl away. I'm sobbing now from fear. I feel something on my leg and turn to see his detached hand grabbing at my ankle. I shriek in terror and hear a distant Kyle calling my name. The voice gets louder and louder.

I shoot up to see a panicked Kyle holding my shoulders. It was a bad dream. Actually it's the fifth bad dream this week. I'm heavy breathing and I can feel my hair sticking to my forehead from sweating. The image of Kyle's head still playing in my mind. I feel like I'm going to throw up but I steady myself. My eyes adjust to the darkness and I practically throw myself into Kyle's arms. I can feel Kyle tense up.

"Shhhhh" I hear Kyle whisper as he relaxes his body. "B-b-bad d-dream." He stutters as I try to catch my breath back. He should be the one freaking out, my nightmare is his real life.

I sit like that crying into his shirt, him rubbing my back. "Y-you are okay." He says and I can tell that it's taking every part of him to try and speak.

"I-I've got you." He speaks then pauses "I protect y-you." He says very slowly. I feel his hands on my chin and I look up to see him. His face is read and his eyes are watery. I know how hard this must be for him.

"I'm so so sorry." I say and start to cry again. I done this too him because I was too selfish to just let him die.

"Y/N p-please stop crying." He says holding me again. He dries my eyes with his thumb and makes me look at him. "We can d-do this. I'll get better." He speaks harshly and for some reason this makes me believe that it will get better.

"I know. It was just a bad dream." I say more to myself than to him. Kyle nods his head and I lie back down on the bed. My breathings calmed down and I don't feel the need to be sick anymore. I lie on my side trying not to fall off this tiny bed that we're both on.

Kyle lies down and begins to spoon me. His whole body is pressed into me from the lack of space. He wraps his long arm around my waist and whispers in my ear

"I love you." I take a few moments to take in what he's just said. That's the first time he's said that he loved me.

"I love you too Kyle." I say back. This should be a memorable moment. Maybe in some parallel universe we're both normal teenagers in bed whispering I love yous. Not in this one. How could I have expected a normal life with my powers.

I hear him begin to softly snore as I stare blankly at the wall. I don't want to go to sleep. I don't want to see that face again.

They tell you dreams come true but what the forgot to mention was that nightmares are dreams too.

•••••••••••

Ohhhhh this one was weird. If you guys have any free time (and if you're like me then I'm sure you'll have a lot) then you should watch Safelight it's honestly such a good film. I won't tell you any spoilers but let's just say that I cried at the end 😰😂

~Abbie💕