Chapter 104 - Closing

"Abi?" I heard Lin's voice, and my door open, "sweetheart, it's time to get up." When he said this, I snuggled deeper into my blankets. "Seriously, we have court." He said.

"I don't want to go." I said hugging Cookie.

"It's the last day. It won't even be all day, it's just the closing arguments, and the defenses witness, that's just Nick." He sat down on my bed.

"I can't seem to leave my bed, because it's very comfortable." I said, pulling my blanket over my head.

"I know, I know, come on. You can go to court, then come back and sleep." He grabbed my hands, and started pulling me out of bed.

"Ugggghhh." I groaned, "ok, ok, I'll get dressed." I said, walking over to my closet.

"There's coffee in the kitchen." Lin said, leaving my room.

I changed into a white dress, with a black necklace, and put my hair in a messy bun at the base of my head. Don't let the name fool you, it took me 5 tries.

"Good morning." I said, dragging myself into the kitchen.

"Morning." Vanessa said, handing me coffee in a mug. "That has a cap, we need to go." she said, referring to the mug, it was somewhat of a to-go mug. "Kara from downstairs is babysitting Seb, because DayCare is closed on Sunday's. She'll be up in like, 5 minutes. We need to go." She grabbed my hand and started pulling me out of the apartment.

"Why the rush?" I asked.

"It's 9:30, we only have a half hour!" She yelled, jamming the main floor button on the elevator with her finger. "Oh, gosh, why do we live on the 41st floor?"

"Firstly, it only takes us 15 minutes to get to the  courthouse. Secondly, I do not know. I asked myself the same thing when the elevator broke down a couple weeks ago, when I was on crutches. And thirdly, where's Lin?"

"Car." She replied.

"How did he beat you out of the house?" I asked.

"I am at a loss to explain this morning." She replied, as the elevator finally opened. "Hallelujah!" She said, and continued to pull me towards the car. Lin was already on the drivers seat, and I got in the backseat.

"I see you got up." Lin said.

"I did get up. I don't want to be up, but, alas, here I am. Up." I said, checking through my purse to make sure I had everything.

"Vanessa, we're not going to be late." Lin said to his wife, who was nervously tapping her fingers on the dashboard.

"Well, traffic." She said, "this is NYC." She gestured to the freakishly busy streets.

We made it to the courthouse at 9:42. 18 minutes before court started. We made it through security in about 3 minutes. I hate court security.

"You know Abigail, when I found out, I wasn't surprised." Mr. Walter came up behind me.

"Found out about what?" I asked, turning around.

"Oh! Did you not know?" Mrs. Walter piped in.

"Not know what?" Lin came up behind me.

"Your attempted suicide." Mr. Walter said, and my heart plummeted. "It's all over the Internet, check, see for yourself." My head started clouding, and I fumbled for my phone inside my purse, when I finally got it, Lin snatched it from my hand, and shoved it in his pocket.

"Lin, please, let me check it."

"Nope. We'll deal with everything at home. One major issue at a time." He wrapped his arms around me from behind. "Also, you two. Leave."