Ch. 27 - '' Loosing was never even an option ''

'' So, who am I fighting? '' I asked, looking around. I was still standing next to Gaara and Sasuke that were just staring at me with shock while the audience slowly began clapping. I stared at the proctor, a smile on my face. '' Tell me! I'm getting excited about this! '' I said, raising my fists in the air.  

The proctor blinked and then quickly nodded. '' You're just in time for your fight against Kaito Akewi that's waiting in the other arena. ''  

My eyes instantly widened with shock when I heard the name. I instantly remembered Kaito and who he was. I was actually going to have to fight a guy that actually worked for Orochimaru and was here to kidnap me and had some weird waterbending powers...? Well that was a way to lower your confidence.  

I stared at the audience where Takeshi just turned away from Kurenai and facepalmed, probably already thinking that I was going to loose. I told him everything about the Sound team made of Kaito, Sumiko and Mei. The second I mentioned Orochimaru's name he said that it was a miracle that I was actually still alive because those three were surely at least Chunin ranked. Meaby even Jonin.  

I looked away from Takeshi and slowly clenched my fist. No, I wasn't going to give up already. Not after all the hard work in the previous weeks with Takeshi. Maybe Kaito was strong but I also became stronger.  

I waved at Takeshi. '' Don't worry, Take-sensei! '' I yelled. '' I'll do everything I can do beat him! I'll use that crazy technique you taught me! ''  

Everyone turned at Takeshi and I noticed how his eye slowly began twitching with annoyance. Then he already leaned over the fence and began yelling at me: '' YOU STUPID BRAT! YOU JUST REVEALED TO EVERYONE THAT YOU HAVE A NEW POWERFUL TECHNIQUE! ''  

I flinched and then grinned. '' Oops! '' After that I looked at Gaara and Sasuke, smiling. '' You know I can't pick a favourite between you two because I care about both of you and that's why I'm going to say just 'good luck'! ''  

They were still just staring at me while I ran away in the direction of the tribunes. I ignored Takeshi that was just in the middle of an argument with Kurenai and waved to my friends that were a few meters away from them, smiling. '' Hey, guys! I wish I could talk but I'm kind of in the middle of something! ''  

'' Chiharu! You can do it! '' Sakura yelled, her green eyes sparkling. '' I can see that you became stronger! ''  

I nodded and raised my fist in her direction. '' I'll win for you, sister! '' Then I noticed Hinata and Kiba next to her and my grin even widened. '' Well, for you two too! Okay, let's just say that I'll dedicate my victory to all my friends! '' With that I already disappeared in the passageway that leaded to the other arena.  

Kaito was already waiting in the middle. His arms were crossed and he was carefully looking around with narrowed dark blue eyes. He looked just as I remembered. Tall and slim, with ruffled black hair, wearing black shorts and a black shirt. His Sound headband was wrapped around his neck.  

I jogged to the ninja that was standing next to Kaito. There was a smile on my face, even if after seeing my opponent I got a little nervous. '' I'm here! I'm here! It's not like I could actually miss my fight! ''  

Kaito's dark blue eyes moved to me and narrowed even more. '' It would be a real disappointment if you would. ''  

'' Yup! '' I chirped, stopping a few meters away from him. '' Can we start now? '' I asked, staring at the ninja that was supposed to announce the fight.  

He nodded and explained some other rules. Then he moved away from the fighting arena. I cracked my knuckles and took a deep breath, concentrating. Kaito was calmly standing a few meters away from me. He seemed bored and serious as always, but I could see that he was also focusing his chakra.