Ch. 28 - Mei's last fight, the funeral and an offer

The wind blew, rising my pink ponytails in the air. Takeshi once gave a lecture about how the colour pink wasn't really intimidating in a fight and it makes people think that I'm weak but I kept reassuring him that I made my pink hair and white dress work and that if I wanted I was able to be the scariest thing ever.  

'' It looks like you want to die, '' Sumiko seriously said, staring at Tsubaki. '' I already beat you once and that's why you should've known that I can do it again. You may think that you've got stronger but you still don't have a shot against me. You should've checked my name in your Bingo Book. Sumiko Takezawa... A-ranked criminal and genjutsu expert. I have the kekkei genkai of the Takezawa clan. Chimei-tekina koe. ''

'' I don't care about your kekkei genkai, '' Tsubaki replied, narrowing her eyes. '' Casting genjutsus with your voice? That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard. ''  

Well, I actually thought that it was pretty cool. Maybe also a little creepy. Specially if you pictured a whole clan with that ability. 

Sumiko frowned and then looked at Mei that was standing next to her. '' You take care of Chiharu. Remember, Orochimaru-sama said that we have to capture her alive, understand? ''  

'' Can I just injure her a little? I mean, she did kill Kaito after all... '' Mei said, smirking and her blue eyes sparkling with enthusiasm.  

Sumiko slowly nodded. '' Okay. '' Then she opened her mouth and sang a tone but I quickly performed some handseals, before she could trap me in a genjutsu.  

'' Flower petal escape! '' My body instantly turned in to flowers and I disappeared. A second later I reappeared on another roof a little bit further away from Sumiko and Tsubaki. 

Mei also appeared in front of me, smirking. '' Maybe you beat me the last time... But this time it's going to be different. ''  

'' We'll see about that, '' I murmured, narrowing my eyes.  

Then Mei already threw some kunais at me but I quickly pulled out one of my fans and swung with it through the air. I decided not to use my other hand with the broken fingers for now because it hurt to much. I wasn't able to move it without feeling waves of pain, flashing through my body.  

Then Mei and I already ran at each other and began fighting. We were throwing punches and kicks, she was trying to stab me with a kunai while I was blocking her attacks with my fan. For now she only managed to kick me once but I was slowly getting concerned about the fight. I was tired and hurt and she was still completely okay.  

'' Great fireball! '' Mei just yelled.  

I quickly spun, swung my fan through the air and concentrating wind chakra. '' Great breakthrough! '' A blast of wind managed to block Mei's fireball. But I realised to late that she only used this as a distraction. She wasn't stupid and she knew that she currently had a lot more chances of winning than I did.  

I noticed to late Mei approaching from another direction and my eyes widened with shock when she send me flying of the roof with another Fire release technique. I screamed with pain because of the burning sensation, then I hit the ground and rolled for a few times before I stopped. At first I was just laying there and gasping with pain. I couldn't even move anymore. My whole body hurt, there was ringing in my head and I was coughing out blood.  

I slowly looked around. Everything around me was completely blurred and I could barely see a group of Leaf ninjas fighting others from the Sound village. But then my eyes stopped on someone running closer and screaming. '' Chi-chan! ''  

I looked at the edge of the roof. Mei that was standing there just noticed Hinata and smirked. I instantly realised what she was planning to do. '' Hinata, get away! '' I screamed with horror.