Chapter 2

Maddie's POV

I woke up the next morning to see Maggie pacing. "Are you okay Maggie?" I asked sitting up. I looked at the clock and it said 6:00am. "No! Glenn knows about the barn" Maggie said looking at me with frightened eyes. "It's okay, daddy won't be mad" I said reassuring her. Maggie nodded and we went down stairs for breakfast. "Morning daddy" I said grabbing a plate and putting scrambled eggs on it. Patrica makes the best scrambled eggs, I can't even explain them. We sat eating silently. Once I finished I grabbed a towel and went to the shower. After about 5 minutes of standing there I finally got the shampoo and started scrubbing my head. After I rinsed the shampoo I put conditioner and let it set in my hair while I shaved. I then rinsed it out and turned the water off.

Once I was out I grabbed a towel and wrapped my hair up with it. I dried my body off and began to get dressed. After I got down the stairs I sat on the couch and put my boots on. "What's my chores for today daddy?" I asked from the living room. I got no answer so I got up and walked into the kitchen to see that it was empty. But as I was about to walk out I saw a list that said chores.

Maddie's Chores
1. Dishes
2. Collect eggs
3. Help Beth wash horses
4. Go on a run with Glenn

First is dishes so I put the list in my pocket and started the water in the sink. I put a little dish liquid and started scrubbing dishes. Once I was done with that I went outside to the chicken coop. I feed the chickens while I was in there. I gave Carol their share of eggs then head into the house to put our eggs away. I went to the barn to help Beth but to my surprise she was already done. "Wasn't I suppose to help you?" I asked. "Yeah but I finished for you" Beth replied with a smile. I nodded and left to find Glenn. "Hey my dad told me to find you" I said walking up to Glenn. "Yeah we are suppose to go on a run today, Hershel wanted me to tell you to go get the list from him" Glenn said with a slight smile. I smiled back and walked over to Rick and my dad. "Hey Rick, Hey daddy" I said walking closer.

Daddy gave me a list and I stuck it in the back of my pocket so I wouldn't forget it. I grabbed Nelly and Jinx from the horse kennel. I got on Nelly because she's my favorite. It was a quiet ride to the Pharmacy. Once we got there I jumped off Nelly and walked inside. It seemed clear so I grabbed the list from my pocket.

1. Shampoo
2. Conditioner
3. Toothpaste
4. Pads
5. Razors
6. Hair brush

Glenn grabbed medicine and I grabbed the things on my list. Once we were done we got back on the horse's and headed back to the farm.