Chapter 16

Maddie's POV

We've been making weapons out of anything we can find. Rick's preparing us for war. I'm currently sitting with Maggie making a knife out of would. "Why are we doing this" I asked. "Because we can get out this way" Maggie replied simply. "I don't want to live knowing I've killed another living person" I said on the brink of tears. "We have to do this Maddie" Maggie replied sternly. She knows I don't like people raising their voices at me. That was it, that was all I could take. I burst into tears. I've wanted to cry for a long time so I could just let it all out. I still had the vision on daddy's head being chopped off by that Governor guy. I still had the vision of Dylan as a walker. I couldn't take it anymore. "Maddie I'm sorry I forgot" Maggie replied hugging me closely. I sobbed more into her.

"Hey there's 2 of them pricks headin our way" Daryl said. Rick nodded. "Okay positions now!" Rick whispered. I got in the back like I was suppose to. Then we heard a noise from the top of the train cart. A can of some sort was thrown into the train cart. "Move! Move!" Abraham yelled. We did and moved to the other side of the cart. Then I blacked out.

I'm alone I'm sitting by the tree but it looks different, it's leaves are red, yellow, and orange. My mom appears wearing a white silky looking dress. That wasn't normal, when I appeared last time she was wearing her old blue dress. "Mom" I said running to hug her. "Maddie, hunny you need to be strong" My mom replied hugging me. I nodded quickly, pulling away from the hug to be brought into another by Katia. Then they disappeared with the tree. I was in complete darkness.

"What's going on?" I asked looking around to find Tara sitting beside me. We were inside a church. "How long was I out?" I asked. "4 days" Tara replied dabbing my head with a wash cloth. "What!?" I said shocked. "You passed out after the smoke bomb went off, you hit your head when you fell" Tara replied. "How'd we get here?" I asked. "Rosita and I carried you" Tara replied looking uneasy. "Why didn't anyone else help?" I questioned. "You need rest" Tara replied changing the subject. "Tara, why didn't anyone else help?" I asked. "They wanted to-They wanted to leave you" Tara replied quickly looking away. "What!?" I yelled jumping up.

I ran into the main part of the church to see my group eating. "How could you just leave me like that!?" I yelled. "We had to get out and you being passed out wasn't helping" Rick replied with no emotion. "You son of a bitch" I yelled. "Maggie?" I said, I looked at her and she looked at the ground. "You God damn people are suppose to be my family" I yelled clearly upset. No one said a word. I walked straight out the door with Tara and Rosita hot on my heels. "We didn't leave you, we were the one's that convinced them to let us carry you" Rosita said. I ran straight toward the 2 of them and gave them a meaningful hug. "Where's Maria?" I asked. "She's inside sleeping" Rosita replied with a smile. I smiled and all 3 of us walked back in together.

______________________________

How do you guys feel about the group wanting to leave Maddie?