Chapter 9

OK, so I'm not going to make an official schedule for my updates because I don't trust myself enough to actually work on it. Throughout the month of July, I'm going to just guess that my chapters will be a little scattered because of a job I picked up. But do not fret! I will try my hardest to deliver my chapters to My Lovies!!! (*∀゚
I don't Think this is one of my better chapters, however this is the set up for the next one!

"You have two options: Leave now or in fifteen minutes when the ambulance arrives." The disembodied voice behind us purrs like velvet. When the man doesn't move he's suddenly thrown off me.

I turn around to see Katsu straddling a man in his mid-thirties. Katsu delivers punch after punch to his face until it bleeds profusely onto the off white carpet.

"Stop! Katsu, stop! You're going to kill him!"

I grab onto Katsu's arm to stop him though my efforts are futile because Katsu is stronger than me by a whole lot. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot Rio sitting up from her spot on the couch. She yawns but otherwise doesn't react at all to the scene before her.

"You have to help! I can't get him to stop!" I yell at Rio. She looks at me then finally notices the two men fighting on her floor. She rolls her eyes at them and walks over casually.

Using one hand Rio takes the collar of Katsu's night shirt and flings him away like a fly. The man on the floor is unconscious and looks as if his nose caved in.

"Is...is..he dead?" I ask hesitantly. Rio doesn't look too worried so I guess I shouldn't call the ambulance...yet. Katsu gets up from the floor and dashes over to me.

"Are you ok? He didn't hurt you did he?" He looks me up and down, checking for any possible injury. I gape at the sight of his hands. White knuckles contrast nicely against stark scarlet blood. It grosses me out. I'm surprised I'm not flinching back from them. For some reason, I feel strangely thankful of Katsu for defending me.

"Great. Look at that floor, Katsu! You couldn't have just fought in the kitchen, could you? Now that stain will never come out of the carpet." Rio complains while pointing out the large blood stain at her feet. Katsu merely gives a grunt of apology then checks the pulse of the man laying on the floor. Finding the man's state satisfying, Katsu drags him out the door and places him on his stomach out in the apartment's stairwell.

Rio only gives the display a glance then takes out a cigarette from one of the kitchen cabinets. "What am I going to do with that boy." She mutters as she takes a long drag from it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Attending school has been anything but eventful. Even the students that use to annoy and bully me have finally lost interest. That blonde hair girl from before now simply glares at me from a distance.

Katsu has been openly hanging out and talking with me at school. It's nice to have someone to talk to, however, that same feeling that I felt when first met him has stayed. I don't know what it is about him that make me tense. Maybe it's the way he holds himself, always with his shoulders back and hands restless and ready at his sides. Or maybe that his eyes are constantly moving in a sweeping movement that implies that he expects a fight. Though, what I think unsettles me the most is the way he stalks down the halls like a predatory animal looking for its next meal. His movements always seem calculated and steady.

I don't have any classes with Katsu though he is regularly waiting outside my classroom doorway for me. He then will walk me to my next destination without saying a word. Student, and some faculty, part in the halls to avoid Katsu and me. I guess other people see the promise of violence deep in his eyes as well.