Chapter 18・Disclosure

Natsu's POV

As I lie down on my bed, I wonder the last words Zeref said.

"Thank you and I'm sorry."

Why did he say those words? First of all, why a thank you? Did he actually want to die just as I predicted?

Why'd he apologize for?

That's the only one that I'm not sure about.

Why did he say those words?

As I start to think deeper thoughts, I started to doze off and fall asleep.

"Hey Natsu, can you here me?" That voice sounds familiar. As I opened my eyes, I saw him again.

It was Zeref.

"Why are you appearing in my dreams again?" I asked in anger.

"I'm pretty sure you have questions that you're dying to ask," he asked snickering. "No pun intended."

"Ok, then explain why you did all those despicable things that you've done. Explain why even though you did those, you thanked me and apologized for it. Why?" I asked.

"Ok to start off, I have to tell you that I've turned Lucy into a demon 400 years ago, so she's been with me for hundreds of years. Second, some, or maybe most of the things I told Lucy were lies. I'll explain from the beginning. There's two reasons why I turned Lucy into a demon.

"When I first saw Lucy, I thought she was Mavis. Mavis was the first woman I've fallen in love with, even when she died. Lucy had qualities that Mavis had. She was smart, talented, passionate, and beautiful."

"I've watched her for a year because I was curious of her, then I caught myself loving her. Then one day I decided to turn her, but once it happened, I quickly regretted it. I realized that I've fallen in love with her image that was identical to Mavis. Not Lucy herself."

"Maybe I thought if I turned Lucy, she'll be like her, but she was different."

"The second reason is because I knew that she was going to fall in love with you. The only person that can kill me. I've been an immortal for thousands of years that I've gone insane, and no one could really kill me except Lucy's significant other, which was you."

"The reason I know that? Mavis told me because she saw it in her dreams. She wrote down all the things she saw in her dreams and gave it to me when she passed away. And since no one could kill me, I can never see Mavis until I'm gone from this world."

"If I never told Lucy that her mission was to kill you, the two of you would have never met. Resulting in me still being alive."

"I turned you into a demon because you wouldn't just be a mere demon. As you saw for yourself, half of your body had scales. Also, if you were just a human, you wouldn't be able to kill me." he explained.

"Then why did you kill and take her parents? They had nothing to do with all of this!" I yelled at him.

"I knew they didn't have anything to do with this, but once Lucy laid eyes on you, I took them. I knew that once she sees you, my spell on her will vanish. So I had to get something that she loved for her to keep doing what I ask. I guess I've lost my mind completely and it resulted in me killing them. I regret doing that to them. I know I did terrible things," he replied.

"Was that why you apologized?" I asked.

"Not only that. The reason I apologized was for all the sinful things I've done. Killing Lucy's parents, changing your memories of Kenko, turning both you and her into demons, and most importantly.... killing Lucy..." he apologized.