It Only Takes Once (Chapter 17)

"Bye baby, I gotta go. I have court in the morning." I said trying to end the phone call.

"Alright, good luck tomorrow. Love you, take care of my babies" He said making me smile.

"Love you too babe." I said before hanging up the phone. Khadarious has been in Mexico for the last two weeks. I miss his ass so much, he said he'd be home by the end of this week though.

He won't tell me what's going on or anything about what he has to handle. So I just left it alone to avoid us arguing.

"Shakayln, did you eat my icecream?" Devin asked coming into my bedroom.

"What? No!" I said lying, I did eat that icecream and it was good too. Butter pecan icecream, pickle juice, and Doritos are the best foods known to pregnant women.

"Lying ass!" He mumbled before rolling his eyes at me, leaving my room, and then going into the guest bedroom he was staying in until Khadarious got back.

I basically made him move in with me until Khadarious got back so I won't be lonely in this big ass house by myself. I also wanted some extra protection because my ass is scary and paranoid.

"And tell that damn dog to stay outta my room!" He yelled making me laugh.

"Leave my baby alone, she likes you." I yelled back.

"Whatever, she can like me from a distance." He said after smacking his lips.

After falling asleep sprawled across the bed I woke up in the middle of the night. I was hungry so I went down to the kitchen and ate some Doritos and a pickle.

When I finished my late night snack I went to Khadarious's closet and retrieved one of his sweatshirts that smell like him. I slipped it over my head and cuddled up next to Princess Beyoncé and the stuffed animal Khadarious won for me at the fair.

"Ms. Smith. I have your files for the Lawrence case on your desk along with the breakfast you asked for." My assistant said as I walked passed her desk.

"Thank you sweetie, did you get yourself something to eat like I told you to?" I asked while raising my eyebrow at her and waiting for her answer.

"Yes ma'am, I got a bagel with fruit spread." She said making me smile.

"Good!" I said smiling before walking to my office.

While I was reading files and going over last minute notes my phone rang. I almost didn't answer it until I noticed it was Khadarious calling, he better be glad I missed his ass or else I would've let the phone keep ringing.

"Hey Boo!" I said putting him on speaker phone while putting my files for today's court case into my briefcase.

"Wassup babe" He said making me blush like hell. The fact that we're not even in the same state and he has the ability to make me blush with only two words is beyond me.

"Getting ready for court, you?" I said after shutting down my laptop.

"Shit, just woke up and I was missing your big forehead ass so I decided to call and check on you." He said chuckling lightly.

"Shut up, I do not have a big forehead!" I said smacking my lips.

"Whatever, good luck baby, you got this my nigga." He said making me laugh. "Love you, bye" He said hanging up the phone.

With his approval and confirmation I went into that court room and dominated.

"Congratulations Shak!" Shamika, Kamile, Shakayla, Jayde, and Shalandra all congratulated me on my case win, while Victoria hugged me before I sat down at the table.