Busted!: For Chelseylovesjack

Busted!

For Chelseylovesjack

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are both 16

*****************

"Hey, (Y/ N), Hiccup. Do you want to hang out this evening," asked Astrid.

You glanced at Hiccup before answering. "Sorry, Astrid. Maybe tomorrow. Gobber had us both working tonight."

"Yeah, sorry."

"No, it's fine. Are you both free tomorrow?"

"Yes," you answered, smiling.

"Nope," corrected Hiccup. "I forgot to tell you, (N/N), but Gobber asked if we can come into work tomorrow, too."

"When?" asked Astrid.

"Late afternoon. If you don't have plans that morning, well, I'm free."

"Me, too," Astrid smiled.

"Same," you beamed. "Great! Meet up at the cove tomorrow morning! Eight or so good?"

"Yeah. Toothless always wakes me up early."

"Yeah. Eight is fine. See you two then!" Astrid walked away.

"Ready, (N/N)?" Hiccup offered his arm out in a gentlemanly fashion.

"Why, yes, I am." You took hold of his arm and let him guide you to work.

"Nice to see you two show up," Gobber teased, hinting at the flight Hiccup took you on the previous week. You both strayed out too far, forgetting your duties and having to make camp for the night. Nevertheless, Stoick and your parents were worried sick.

"I said I was sorry about that!" Hiccup exclaimed, handing you your apron. He threw his on quickly before Gobber threw him a dull sword.

"Anyways, I'm off. Your father called up another meeting, Hiccup."

"Another one?" the boy questioned.

"Boring things. Always knock me out quick! Anyways, stay on task. I'll be back once the darn meeting is over with." Gobber hobbled out of the blacksmith.

"Peace and quiet," you sighed, picking up a dull axe.

Hiccup went to sharpening the sword. "You were saying?" he shouted over the noise.

You rolled your eyes and went to working.

You finished your tasks in an hour, leaving you both sweating and tired from the hard labor.

"You'd think," you gasped, "that I'd be," you breathed, "used to this," you paused, "by now."

Hiccup leaned back, against the wall. "Don't think," he started, "we'll ever be."

You took a minute to catch your breaths, sitting out in the cold soon- to- be winter's night.

"You know, you look beautiful under the moon's soft light," noted Hiccup, blushing.

You blushed lightly, but didn't let it bother you. "You don't look half bad yourself, dragon boy."

Hiccup seemed to flinch, but in a stopping- himself- from- moving sort of way.

"You know, you helped me train Toothless, dragon girl."

"I barely did anything! You did all the work!"

"You inspired me to not kill him in the first place," admitted Hiccup, all teasing gone. He wasn't joking; he was serious.

"I did? How?"