Distracted, Hiccup: For Chelseylovesjack

Distracted, Hiccup

For Chelseylovesjack

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are both 18

The Edge is in this one shot!

***************

Hiccup could very well one day get you killed, you stated silently to yourself. Hopefully that day would not be today. Or tomorrow. Or the day after that. Or the day after that. Or the-

"What are you thinking about?" your boyfriend, Hiccup, asked, kissing your check.

"Right now I'm thinking, 'day after that. Or the day after that. Or ever, really'."

He smiled, very confused, but shook his head. "Okay. Well, I'll see you tonight, okay, mi'lady?"

"Yup. Wait! For what, again?" Being easily distracted and forgetful was not always appreciated, but most times Hiccup found it cute or silly.

"Our date. Remember?"

"No. What dat- oh! Now I remember. See you then!" you cheered.

Hiccup chuckled, once again shaking his head. "Bye, (N/N). I'll send Astrid over half an hour beforehand as a reminder."

"Thanks! Bye, Hic!" He walked out of the dragon training area, still chuckling. "It's not that funny!" you shouted at him. "Stop laughing!" He continued laughing as he walked off.

The next few hours were filled with distraction after distraction. First, Fishlegs needed up organizing information on his cards, then Snotlout and you got in a water fight, which the twins joined, then you beat them in a dragon race, and, lastly, you and (D/N) beat them in a dragon stunt competition.

Finally, Astrid appeared and dragged you to your hut, where she helped you get ready for your date.

The date was at Hiccup's hut because, having just returned from an adventure a few days prior, you wanted to stay close to home.

"Welcome, mi'lady," Hiccup greeted, opening the door stepping aside so you could walk through. He shut the door behind him and told you a vague outline of what was to happen. Dinner, cuddle, a make out session or two, and more than likely falling asleep cuddling. You didn't like surprises, and Hiccup refused to let you worry yourself with planning a date, so he planned them and (the majority of the time) told you vaguely of what to expect. Every now and then he surprised you with a date full of the unknown. It annoyed you but the happiness he made you feel overwhelmed that.

"Thanks," you said, after being told the night's plans.

"Anything for you, mi'lady. I thought it would make you feel more comfortable, what with everything that has been going on and such." He was talking about being held prisoner by Ryker, Dagur, and Heather and being interrogated a few days prior. You didn't particularly enjoy the experience, especially since you were isolated after Heather rattled you out for being Hiccup's girlfriend.

"It does, actually. Thank you."

"Again, anything for you, mi'lady. Dinner?" he asked, gesturing to the meal set out on the table. Even better, it was your favorite.

"Yum! Yes, please!" you exclaimed, unable to remove your eyes from the sight of the delicious food.

Hiccup chuckled and guided you to your seat, pushing your chair in before sitting down himself. "Eat up!"

After dinner, you cuddled together on his couch, just talking about whatever came up. Every now and then, you fell into a comfortable silence.

"Did you know, if you take your age and add five, that's how old you'll be in five years?" you asked, trying not to laugh before you finished your very important question.