PART 11, AUTHOR'S NOTE - 2/13/15, 10:47am

So, right after I posted Part 10, I started to get really worried about how the cop would respond to my portrayal of Shawn.

I mean, it's not that I haven't continued to depict Shawn as a basically decent guy. I've even hooked him up with Lindsay, who's super attractive and, more importantly, a cool, smart character who's turning out to be a good friend to Ashley.

Still. I've made Shawn have TGV. And I've made it so that a major reason he's become so suave is the effect of the disease. Worst of all, I've had Ashley reject him.

So, when they cop visited my room, I wasn't sure what to expect.

At first, he didn't say anything at all, except to tell me to take another bath. Bathing has become this gross ritual now. Every morning the cop forces me to take a bath in practically scalding water while he waits in the other room. Then, when I'm done, he bathes in the same bath water. It's the worst part of my day. And it still freaks me out, every time. But because it's become routine, and because the cop has never so much as peeked into the bathroom, at least now I can get through the ordeal in less of a state of panic.

This time, after the cop had finished in the bath, he dried off, put his clothes on, and sat beside me on the bed.

"I'm glad you're making progress on the sequel," he said.

I pulled the damp towel tighter against my body and leaned away from him. But I was a little relieved at this mild reaction.

Now he folded his hands and nodded thoughtfully. ". . . I can't say that I'm totally happy about Ashley's attitude toward Shawn. But you've made him a strong father figure with Lindsay's son, which I appreciate." He paused. "I want to remind you, though, how important it is that Shawn and Ashley get back together by the end of the book. I don't care how it happens, as long as it does."

I didn't say anything in response to this. But there was no way I was going to end my novel with Ashley and Shawn living happily ever after. I didn't care what the cop might threaten to do.

Cautiously, I said, "I'm glad you're liking the book."

Then I summoned every ounce of my courage for what I was about to say next.

"But I'm not going to write any more until you let Kyle be in this room with me. I've changed my Wattpad password, which means you can't write for me again. You say you want me to finish the sequel as quickly as possible. Well, the sooner Kyle is in this room with me, the sooner I'll finish the book." I forced myself to look him straight in the eye. "That's the deal. Starve me to death if you want, but that's the deal."

The cop just sat there staring at me for a moment, obviously irritated.

"Fine," he said.

Fine? I had no idea what he meant. He got up and left without a word, locking the door behind him.