Epilogue

Epilogue

Lucy's POV

Three months later...

For the past two hours Melissa Gregger has not stopped glaring at me and, I'm not going to lie, I'm starting to get sick of it. I'm sat on a small stone bench whilst trying to have a nice little chat with my two best friend's, and all I can see from the corner of my eye is Melissa giving me the stink eye. Ugh.

"Ignore her, Luce. She's just jealous," Jess says when she notices who I'm staring at.

"Damn right, she's jealous," Amy agrees. "You, my friend, have officially managed to tame one of the biggest players our Pack has ever seen, which is definitely no easy task. I would know, I'm dating the other one."

I laugh at that and roll my eyes, looking away from Melissa and back at my two best friend's before replying.

"I wouldn't say I've tamed him," I disagree with an amused smile, looking over to where Justin stands talking to his parents. Over the past few hours I've come to accept that he looks really good in a suit and I've been struggling to keep my eyes off of him.

"Oh, really? Those vows he was making to you earlier have me believing otherwise," Jess says, giving me a wicked grin that is very similar to the one Amy's currently wearing as I shove her arm slightly.

"Whatever," I reply, unable to keep my lips from forming into a smile as I glance back over at my mate.

The vows that Jess is referring to are those that Justin and I made to each other an hour ago, during our mating ceremony. Yes, it is official now. Justin and I are the real deal. I know that it seems very fast, we've only been together for a few months now, and everybody was surprised when we first announced that we were going through with the ceremony. I can honestly say that no one was more surprised than me, though. Justin had been asking me if I'd go through with the ceremony for about two months, pretty much as soon as we'd both recovered from the fight with Kailen's rogues, but I shot him down every time because I didn't think we were ready for it. He'd officially managed to plant the idea in my head though, which led to me going through two months of mental debates of the pros and cons; it was exhausting. Eventually I decided that there were more pros than cons and so, the next time he asked, I said yes. It surprised the both of us; I hadn't actually been completely sure I'd say yes when the next time rolled around. I did, though, obviously, and I'm really glad I did. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and I regret nothing.

When we first told Justin's parents that we'd decided to go through with the mating ceremony, all hell broke loose... in a good way. Wendy was... ecstatic, to say the least. She immediately started announcing that she'd known it ever since we were kids and it took a few minutes for David, Justin and me to calm her down. David, although not as outwardly happy as his mate, was clearly pleased with the news and gave us his immediate blessing. In all fairness, I think part of him was just relieved that his son would no longer be bringing home a new girl every week.

A mating ceremony is very similar to a wedding in more ways than one. The vows, for one, are similar to those which people take when getting married. The Alpha, in this case David, is the one to conduct the ceremony as he's the only person who can make it official within the Pack. In some cases, if the Alpha can't make it, the Beta will take over and fill in. That rarely ever happens, though. The Pack will then gather to watch the ceremony take place before an after party ensues to celebrate.
Although there are similarities between mating ceremonies and weddings, they're not the same thing. To the rest of the human population, Justin and I are still just boyfriend and girlfriend, so it's only wolves that understand our title. Most mates do end up getting married, such as David and Wendy, but that's usually not until later on a bit in life. I don't know if Justin and I will eventually get married or if we'll just stay as we are for the rest of our lives, but I do know this: I am not going to be getting married until I am at least in my mid-twenties.