Chapter 105 - Everyone Knows

"Can I have my phone back now?" I asked, once we got home from court.

"Sure, just, don't um," he handed me my phone  from his pocket, "don't try and, don't do something that will make you upset."

"Thanks." I smiled, taking my phone, I didn't want to turn it on, but, I knew I had to. I walked into my room to change out of my dress and as I walked inside, I checked my phone, opening Twitter, I was hit in the face with people retweeting and quoting an article I was tagged in.

Lin-Manuel Miranda's adopted daughter attempts suicide

Below the title was the picture of Lin and I from the hospital. Despite my better judgement, I clicked on it.

"It was 3 in the morning when we got the call." Says paramedic Marvin Freocka, "it was a women, hysteric, saying her daughter tried to kill herself." Freocka goes on to say the ambulance made it to an apartment in NYC. "We got to the apartment and that's when we saw him. Lin-Manuel Miranda (writer, creator and star of Broadways Hamilton), holding a teenage girl, who we later learned was his daughter. Once we got her in the vehicle, Miranda explained that she took an entire bottle of Benadryl. That won't kill her." Freocka went on to explain what exactly the drug would do to her.

"I wasn't Abigail's doctor, so I don't know much, I know she had her stomach pumped, and I know that she had to have a psychiatric evaluation." We asked Freocka what the psychiatrist found, but he was unable to get any information. "I mean, I'm not even supposed to be saying anything." Freocka confides.

"There is something interesting, however." Freocka begins, "3 or 4 times while she was asleep in the hospital, she had really violent nightmares. She would thrash around in her bed, freaking out. It makes you wonder, why? What happened to her? What is happening to her?" To finish our interview, we asked Freoka who was there, if anyone interesting came into Roosevelt Hospital that day. "Oh, everyone." Freoka responds, "I mean, the entire cast of Hamilton showed up at the hospital, and then some! Lin-Manuel Miranda never even left her bedside, they're attached to this girl. I wonder why."

The night after the incident Miranda tweeted a picture of him and Abigail in a hospital bed, captioning it 'I love her so much'. Of course, this spurred a tidal wave of responses asking what was going on. Sadly, none were answered, until now.

At the end of that nights performance of Hamilton: An American Musical, Miranda took the mic, and asked for prayer for his daughter. Clarinda Sharmen, an audience member, agreed to fill us in on what exactly happened that night.

"He had barely started speaking when he broke down." Sharmen says, "Chris Jackson, who plays Washington, came over and tried to help him. During his speech, he said something along the lines of this, 'There's a line in our show, I take the children to church on Sunday, the sign of the cross at the door, and I pray, that never used to happen before,' then he basically just said, 'please pray for Abigail.'"

So, in this speech, Miranda quoted It's Quiet Uptown, a song in his show in which Hamilton experiences the aftermath of the death of his child, we asked Sharmen if there was anything special about Miranda's performance of that number in particular.

"Now that you mention it, yes. From Stay Alive (reprise) he was distraught, in tears. I'm sure he cries every night, but you could really tell there was something more going on there."

I feel like we're all asking ourselves the same question. Which is why? Why did his daughter do this. Does it have something to do with the nightmares? Does it have something to do with the abuse reported in her previous Foster homes? Is she going through something of her own? Is there something going on at the Miranda household? What does this girl have to be depressed about?