Chapter 8

Kaoru's pov

"Say Kao-ru." I said holding Kaname in my lap, I was trying to get him to say my name. So far no progress has been made. The only part of my name he had been able to pronounce was 'Ru-ru!' I was watching Kaname for Maka since her shift doesn't end until later this evening, and Kakashi was currently on a mission. I didn't have a mission until tomarrow morning. "Ru-ru!" He squealed throwing his arms up. I sighed as I gave him a helpless smile.

"That's probably  the best I'm gonna get out of you, huh?" The only response I got was him blowing a raspberry. I sighed and set him down on the floor so he could crawl around and use up all his energy, hopefully. I looked at the clock and saw it was about time to head out and meet up with the group. I walked over to Kaname and picked him up, he whined as I pulled him away from the door stopper he was playing with. "Now, now. I'm gonna change your diaper and then we can meet up with everybody at the restaurant. Don't you want to see Minato?"

At the mention of Minato's name he squealed happily and waved his arms."Mina! Mina!" I laughed as I set him down to change him. "Yes,yes. We're going to see Mina there."

At restaurant

I looked around trying to spot where they where sitting at until I fianlly spotted Kushina's bright red hair. I made my way to the table, pulling up a chair on the way. Minato gave me a smile and held out his arms, I carefully gave Kaname to Minato and turned to Itachi who was beside me. For the past couple of months I've been training for the exams, he had been helping whenever he had the time. But lately he's been acting kinda strange, sometimes he would randomly stare at me and when I looked back at him his cheeks would flush a light pink color. I think he might be catching a cold. I looked to where Sasuke, Hinata, and Naruto only to sweatdrop. The boys were fighting while Hinata was trying to calm them down. I shook my head, deciding on not interfering.

"Kaoru." I looked at Itachi and raised my eyebrow. "Happy birthday." I hurriedly covered his mouth shushing him, his eyes widened a little bit at the unexpected action. I look at the others to see if they heard but fortunately it seems that they didn't. "How'd you find out it was my birthday?"

"Minato." My eyebrow twitched as I glared at the blond. Itachi put a hand on my shoulder, my attention turning back to him. "I knew you would act like this, that's why I left my present for you in my room."

"Present? You didn't have to get me anything Itachi!"

"I wanted to." I sweatdropped at his straight forward answere. I sighed and nodded my head. "Fine, I'll swing by and get it later." He nodded his head and gave me a gentle smile, satisfied that I gave in. For some reason when I saw his smile I felt warmth pool into my cheeks.

🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡

I jumped up the tree until I was close to Itachi's bedroom window. He opened the window, already knowing that I was there. I climbed in and landed softly on the hardwood floor. Itachi walked over to his desk and picked up a small blue box, there was a white bow on top of it. He wordlessly handed it to me, I took it and opened it. I gasped as I looked at the beautiful necklace.

 I gasped as I looked at the beautiful necklace

"Itachi..." I said softly, I carefully took the necklace out and held it in front of my face. "A woman had given that to me when she noticed me wondering around her store. She had asked what I was looking for and I told her that I was looking for a present for a friend. She had asked me what your personality was like. After I told her she left and came back with this." He took the necklace from me and went behind me, he unclasped the necklace and clasped it once it was around my neck.

"She also told me something, she said that you could put your loved ones chakra into it. That way you can feel their chakra with you no matter where you are." He came back in front of me and picked up the necklace. I felt him concentrate his chakra to his fingers and the small round ball turned a beautiful red color. I gasped in awe, he let go and he gestured for me to do the same.
I watched as blue started to invade the red, they seemed to battle before settling on mixing together. The orb was now a glowing purple.

I dropped the necklace from my fingertips and flung my arms around Itachi. He stiffened at first but slowly put his arms around me.

"Thank you, Itachi."

🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡

Minato glared down at the papers that were covering his whole desk. He looked up when his office door opened and saw Kushina walking in. He gave her a warm smile, but his smile dropped when he saw the look on her face. "Is something wrong?"

"I...well I've been thinking." She started hesitantly, Minato immediately grew weary. Whenever she would think, something bad would happen. None the less he urged her to go on.

"I think it's about time Kakashi knows." Minato knew what she was talking about. "I know Kaoru doesn't want him to know! But I'm sure Kakashi wouldn't mind! Look at how he treats Kaname."

"Kushina, just because he's good with Kaname doesn't mean he'll react in a positive way. Kakashi will find out when Kaoru is ready to tell him." Minato said firmly, he respected Kaoru's wishes, no matter how much he wanted to tell his student. Kushina placed her hands on her hips and narrowed her eyes in determination.

"Kakashi deserves to know that he's Kaoru's father!" She said raher loudly.

"W-what...?" The couple whiped their heads to the door to see a pale and shocked Kakashi. The color drained from their faces, they had been so in to the argument that they didn't hear him open the door. But before they could say anything he disappeared in a swirl of leaves.

"Oh shit..."