Chapter 5- Night Time

**This is a short filler chapter. I just needed a way to pass time in the story before the next chapter**

Keyanna POV

Me and Kimberly were watching Max and Ruby, when our mother walked through the door with Huey.

"Hi mommy," Kimberly said quietly. I could tell that she was hesitant to speak to our mother. She was very unpredictable. Most of the time she would pretend Kimberly and I didn't exist, but on some rare occasions, she would have short conversations with us. I waited to see what her reaction would be today.

"Hey baby, come give me a hug," my mom said as she opened her arms. Kimberly walked over and gave her a hug. "You too YaYa," my mom said as she looked over at me.

I slowly stood up and walked over to her. I hugged her and rested my head on her shoulder. When she wrapped her arms around me, I noticed how weak her arms had become. Her hugs were no longer warm and reassuring, it felt as if I was hugging a stranger. Although this hug was somewhat uncomfortable, I was still going to cherish it. These moments were rare, and I would take whatever I could get. This was the closest I could get to my mom since Kendrick passed away.

"Girls, I want you to meet my new friend Huey. Huey, these are my babies Kimberly and Keyanna," my mom said pulling away and pointing to each of us.

"Hey, it's nice to finally meet you beautiful girls," Huey said while smiling at each of us.

I responded with a simple, "Nice to meet you too," and a smile. Kimberly smiled and waved at him. He seemed a little strange. He was really quiet and spoke very few words. I looked down at Kimberly and then at my mom.

"I love you Kim, don't you ever forget that," my mom told Kimberly as she hugged her again.

"I love you too mommy," Kimberly said with a smile before turning and walking back to the couch.

"YaYa, you know I love you right?" My mom said, looking back at me.

For some reason, that made me get emotional all of a sudden. I nodded my head yes as my tears began to fall. My mother pulled me closer to hee and I cried on her chest. I was sad, hurt, and even a little mad. I was not only mad at my mother for turning to drugs instead of being a good mother, but also the person who killed my brother. If he would've never shot that gun, then I would not be in this situation right now.

"Keyanna, please don't cry. You shouldn't waste your tears on me. I've always loved you, and I always will love you. I want to talk to you in the morning. It's getting late now, yall should go get in bed," my mom said, while wiping my tears away. She kissed me on my forehead, kissed Kimberly on the cheek, and walked off into her room with Huey close behind her. He probably thought I was bipolar or "emotionally unstable" after my little breakdown, but at this moment I didn't even care.

Just like that she was gone. I began to wonder what she wanted to talk about. I hoped that she would tell me she was going to stop, but knowing my mother she probably just has some empty promises. There had been two time before when she promised to quit. The first time she made it 3 days and the second time she barely made it through 3 hours. They say the 3rd times a charm, so maybe this time she actually will get better. That would make life so much easier for Kimberly and I.

I walked over to Kimberly and picked her up. She was halfway sleep. For a 4 year old, she slept a lot. I carried her to our room, then gently laid her in the bed. I kissed her forehead then walked over to my bed. I rolled onto my stomach, and let my thoughts consume me. So many things were running through my mind right now. I was mainly thinking about this talk with my mom and seeing August and Denzel again. Denzel seems like the type of person to keep you laughing whenever he is around, while August, who hopefully was only having a bad day, seems like a good friend. He lookes like he would be there for you whenever you needed him. They seem like the type of people I need in my life. Everything in my life, with the exception of Kimberly, is so depressing. It would be good for me to make some friends. I closed my eyes with hopes that tomorrow would be a good day.

****************************************

August POV

Mel and I pulled up to our house, and hopped out my truck. I locked my doors then went inside the house.

"What's your plan for tomorrow?" I asked Mel.

"Since he's so young and it's his first offence, they'll probably let him out on bail and make him go back to court later. If that happens we will have to find someone to bail him out. It's gonna be expensive, but I don't think it's expensive enough to call a bail bondsman. We can't walk in there with all that money, it would look suspicious. We have to get someone who won't look like their out the hood, but also someone we can trust," Mel said before walking to his room in the back.

I was used to Mel just walking off from conversations. When he was done talking or listening he just left. Some my think it's rude, but that's just the way he is. I began to think about who we could get to bail him out. We couldn't use one of the young workers because if they ever start watching them, they could easily find us. We had no other real friends, we kept our circle small, you never know who you can trust.

I walked to my room and flopped on the bed. I turned on the tv and began watching The Boondocks. Riley was my lil nigga! I laughed as Riley discovered that Gangstalicious was gay. I looked down when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw that I had a text from Rodney. I guess you could say I was the go to guy for advice in our group. We each had our own special qualities and I guess I was the most dependable.

* TEXT CONVO*

Rod: Aug, I don't know what imma do if Marcus go down cause of me

Aug: just chill, we don't know what's gonna happen, Mel thinks he gonna get out cause he so young

Rod: what if he don't? I can't live with myself knowing I'm the reason he locked up

Aug: stop being one of them "glass half empty" niggas, you gotta think positively. Worrying gets you nowhere

Rod: I guess you right, I'm bout to go chill wit Denzel, you know he stay high. I need something to take my mind off this, you comin through?

Aug: I think imma just stay home and crash, I'll see y'all niggas later

Rod: alright

* END OF TEXT CONVO*

Rodney was really stressin' over this. I wasn't really worried that much. I was always thinking positive thoughts. I never actually thought of him having to serve some time. I laid back and closed my eyes, hoping for a good day tomorrow.

********************************************

What does Keyanna's mom want to talk about?

Will Keyanna, August, and Denzel become friends?

Will Marcus do jail time?

Max & Ruby or The Boondocks?

Do y'all personally see the glass half empty or half full?

Sorry for the long wait and the boring chapter.. I HOPE TO HAVE A BETTER UPDATE SATURDAY NIGHT OR SUNDAY AFTERNOON!!! COMMENT & VOTE. I need to know what to work on!!