Chapter 40

Quinn POV

I just really wanted to get this over with. I hate revisiting old shit that I don't wanna speak of. Most of my past, I don't speak of.

I looked at Ty and she was just sitting on the end of the couch with open ears. At first I thought she believed that me and Destiny had something goin on in the past, but right now I'm not sure what she's thinking.

Me: Ok so just to start off Destiny and I ain't ever date.

She nodded and motion for me to continue.

Me: Destiny was my brothers girl. They were dating ever since my brother turned 14. He was in love with her. She would come around everyday and my momma would let her because she knew how much they loved each other. Me being 7 at the time they started dating, I didn't really know what love was. After my brother had died she just stop coming around. We saw her 2 times after his death. When she came to give her condolences and at the funeral. After that she became a ghost. I had gotten attached to her in those 3 years. She was like the sister I never had and when she left I felt like I was losing 2 people instead of 1. She started trying to talk to me after I turned 16. 6 years it took her to speak to me. By that time I didn't even want to hear it. To me she was nothing anymore. You had your chance and you blew it.

Tyla: But Quinn you gotta understand that you weren't the only one who lost him. She did too, and like you said they were in love. And 3 years is a long time nowadays for young couples to be together. She was his ride or die. When he passed she probably felt something in her give up. He was her soul mate.

Me: But 6 years Ty? She had plenty of time to talk but she waited 6 years.

Tyla: Some people grieve differently from others. You can't blame her. If you died after we ha been together for so long I can't say I would ever be the same again. I love you too much for that.

See this is why I'm gonna wifey this one. She know just the right things to say to me.

Me: Come here

Tyla: Nigga please

She got up and headed upstairs to our room. I guess it's bedtime then. I cut off all the lights downstairs and headed up. When I got in the room she was under the covers watching TV. She was watching The Real Husbands of Hollywood. I was hella tired so I got in under the covers and laid my head on her stomach underneath the sheet. She started running her hand thorough my hair. That shit really made a nigga go night night.

Tyla POV

I was so happy when he decided to tell me about Destiny. Usually he gets upset with me and tells me to drop it. I man he told me to drop it today but I wasn't fellin like it. He came and got in the bed falling asleep in my stomach. My baby is tired and I know it. I slowly started playing with the tiny curls in his hair. I felt his breathing even out letting me know he was sleep.

I stayed up for a little watching TV when there was a knock on the door. Before I could say anything the door opened and in came Jay holding Ky. I immediately sat up.

Jay: Mommy can we sleep in here

Me: Yea! come over here

I hadn't even heard Ky making noise. I picked her up from him and low and behold she was up. You could tell she was still sleepy cause her eyes were droopy. Jay climbed up and fell asleep at the foot of the bed under the covers. I laid Ky down on my chest and cut the TV off. I fell asleep a little while later.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up the bed was empty and the sun was shinning bright into the room through the curtains. I got up and went to clean my face and brush my teeth and fix my hair. I headed downstairs to find Quinn knocked out on the couch with Ky on his chest and Jay laying on his legs. it was the cutest thing. I pulled out my phone and took a picture. I laughed and set it as my screen saver.

Quinn: What you smilin at?

Me: Nothing

I skipped away into the kitchen to find something to eat. I decided on a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. MY FAVORITE CEREAL!!! As I was getting ready to sit down Quinn came in with an upset expression. I just continued to munch on my food.

Me: Wassup?

Quinn: I got to go in

Me: Anddddd your mad because?

Quinn: You ain't mad I got to go?

Me: I mean I'm use to it now and even if I was mad you wouldn't care. You would still go. So no I don't care.

He rolled his eyes and then came over to my side of the counter. He pulled me into his side and kissed my forehead.

Quinn: You know I love you.

Me: Yea I know

Quinn: iight ma I'll see y'all at 8. I'm coming home for dinner so wait for me.

Me: ok now go

He was already ready so he grabbed his keys, wallet and phone and headed out. I finished up my cereal and went into the living room and saw my babies spread across the couch. I say down and turned on the TV. I couldn't wait for tonight.

TLC MOVIE WAS COMING ON! 😁
VH1 baby. I made sure to record it just in case something happens and I don't get to watch it right when it comes on.

I decided that today I would take the kids to the park so we can be outside and have some fun. I waited until they were up to get them ready. it took us about an hour and a half to leave. By the time we got there it was getting crowded. There was still a lot of space. I pushed them around on the swings and I even slid down the slide with them. Before we went home I stopped by the grocery store.

I picked up a few things for dinner and so extra snacks cause Quinn like to eat. When we got home the kids were asleep so I laid them down on the couch. I hit the kitchen and got cookin. In the middle of cooking Jay walked in.

Jay: Mommy Ky wake up

I went into the living room and found her rolling around on her stomach. I brought her into the kitchen and sat her in the high chair.

Jay: Mommy when daddy come home?

Me: In about 10 mins.

I looked at the clock and it was 8:05. Quinn said he would be home at 8 so he should be here in a few. I pulled the lasagna out of the oven and took out the salad. I started making plates and setting the table.

Me: Jay go wash your hands

He ran away quick and returned even quicker. He plopped down in the chair smiling.

I took Ky and washed her hands before sitting her down. I picked up my phone and saw it was 8:30. I called Quinn and it went straight to voicemail. I called him one more time and I once again was sent to voicemail. I decided to just eat with the kids.

After we finished eating it was about 9. I didn't know where he was.

Jay: Where daddy?

Me: I don't know

I decided to put the kids to bed since it was getting late. Just as I was heading upstairs there was a loud banging in the front door.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. Who could possibly be banging on my door this late. I swung the door open and was faced with a frantic face. Tay was at the door looking like she was in shock.

Me: Tay what's wrong?

Taylor: Quinn...Ben...hospital

I didn't even think twice before I grabbed shoes and jackets before we left. It took us a good 5 mins to get there cause Tay ran every red light. When we got there I got the kids and ran in. Derek was sitting in the chair with his head in his hands while Jas was sitting next to him crying. I say down next to her and held her. I don't even know what's going on.

Derek looked over at me and he got up and pulled me into a hug.

Derek: I'm sorry Ty. I'm so so sorry.

Me: Wha...Why? What happened?

Derek: We were doing a job and he went in blinded. There was gunshots and Ben went in. They got shot. Ben is okay but they...

Me: They What?

Derek: They don't know if Quinn's gonna make it.

When he said that my heart stopped. I felt the tears start to fall. I can't loose him. I need him. We were gonna get married. He wanted me to have his kid. We were gonna grow old together. He was gonna meet my mom. Everything was starting to fall apart.

A doctor came out the back with his clipboard.

Doctor: Family of Benjamin Carter

We all stood.

Doctor: Benjamin was shot and the bullet went toward the ribs. We were able to remove the bullet an he's alright. You can't yet go see him.

He walked away and we were all somewhat relieved. Mama came in at this time. About 15 mins later another doctor walked out.

Doctor: Family of Quentin

Once again we stood.

Doctor: I'm sorry. Quentin was shot near his heart and just short of the lower ribs. He lost too much blood. I'm sorry for your lost.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys 👋

Sooooo.....

Yea I know what your thinking 😔

BUT

Let me know what your thinking so I know we on the same page. Lol! Comment please and let me know how you feel what you think? Please

BUTTT

NO!Fo'real I typed most of this while watching TLC Movie! It came on, on Monday on VH1.

If you didn't see it...
1) You have no life
2) I'm upset with you
3) HOW COULD YOU NOT?!?
4) Go WATCH it
5) You obviously need a lesson on TLC
#CrazySexyCool

If you don't know who TLC is go ask around but be careful, people may get dangerous if you don't know who they are (So don't ask me 😊)

Hehehehe 😂

Love You Guys 💕

~Mickey🌸