Stolen Secrets- Chapter 11

~Natalie~

As soon as the cop had left yesterday, the relative niceness I had been receiving ended and I was hauled back to the room they had been keeping me in. They had stacked boxes around the doorway on the inside of the room so that the cop wouldn’t go in further. What disgusted me, was the fact that they all knew what they were doing, which meant they had done this to someone else before. I wasn’t the first one.

The left me in the room after taking back the clean clothes I had put on that morning and then Scary Man had come in and beat me for reasons only logical in his head.

“You’re going to call your daddy again,” Scary Man said coming into the room. I couldn’t see him because I was curled up and facing the wall.

I felt his hand on my arm and he hauled me to my feet, slamming me against the wall in the process. There was nothing accidental about it.

Scary Man once again explained to me the terms. I was to tell Dad to be at the

He handed me a landline and ordered me to call. I shook my head. It was better Dad think I was dead than freak out from a call and come searching for me. Dad had so much more to offer the world than I did. He had to stay alive. I was a better sacrifice.

“Call him now,” Scary Man demanded in a growl.

I shook my head but kept silent.

His blade came out of nowhere and sliced through the thin fabric of my bra, thankfully not drawing any blood.

“Call your father.” His blade was now at my hips, just over my underwear. I looked down at the floor where my bra was now resting in a helpless puddle, and then back up at Scary Man.

He liked his lips and murmured, “lovely”. I felt the tip of the blade trailing down my hip and decided to call Dad.

I dialed his number with shaky fingers and then held the phone up to my ear, anticipating the voicemail message. But it never came.

“Hello?” came his voice from the other end.

“Daddy,” I breathed out. I couldn’t help the tears that spilled out over my cheeks.

“Natalie? Natalie!” he sounded so happy.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” I said quietly. “You have to meet them at the Starbucks by your office at ten tomorrow morning.”

“Meet who? Natalie what’s happening?” he asked.

“Don’t meet them there Daddy, please don’t,” I pleaded. I was surprised that Scary Man was still allowing me to talk. But he was too busy touching his dirty hands to my very exposed chest. I clenched my teeth together so I wouldn’t scream out in disgust.

“What have they done to you Natalie?” Dad asked.

“It doesn’t matter. Please just don’t meet them. It’s better this way.”

“What do you mean ‘this way’?”

“They’ll kill me instead,” I said simply. Scary Man’s head snapped up from my chest and he slapped me across the face. I could distantly head Dad screaming from the phone.

“You b**ch!” he said taking the phone from and hanging up on my dad. His blade slid over my hip, successfully cutting off my underwear. The only thing I wore now was my mothers ring on a chain around neck. Somehow it had survived until now.

He took hold of my wrist and yanked my arm towards him, almost dislocating it. Then he crossed the knife back and forth over my skin from my wrist all the way up to my shoulder. I squeezed my eyes shut and refused to show him how much pain I was in.