R U THERE

I jumped out of my rolling chair in a burst of glee and triumph, just happy to have spotted him. "Hah! Gotcha!" I yelled a little louder than I had meant to. I checked the time at which this footage had been taken. 3:22 A.M. Not even two hours ago. There were only a few places he could've gone in that amount of time, and I was going to make sure we searched all of them, warrant or no warrant. What? It wasn't like I was gonna be on duty or anything. I knew everyone after all, and I could go places no normal cop could. Of course, I'd have Judy with me, but I'd figure something out.

It was about five in the morning, and I was just leaving the station. The sun would be up in a matter of minutes. I wasn't gonna get any sleep that night. Especially not with what I had seen. Buildings rushed by, and bridges whooshed overhead as I drove home. When I made it there, I wasn't sure where exactly to park Judy's oversized cruiser, since not only was my lawn too small for it, but Finnick's van was still parked right in front. There was no space left.

I decided I'd take his spot down in the alley way he'd stayed at just down the street. If he fussed at me, I'd tell him he should've walked. When I reached the alley, I put the cruiser in reverse and backed into it. It was a tight squeeze, but I managed. Getting out was a hassle too, as I had to shimmy my way through the tiny gap between the cruiser door and the wall to get clear. Once I was, I shut it closed, and embarked on the short walk home. Under normal circumstances I would have been extremely tired. So much so that I might not have even made it to my front door, but I was pumped that night. Pumped with a mixture of things; pride in the fact that I had discovered our suspect's whereabouts all on my own, curiosity over who and what exactly he was, and the urge to get back out there and find him.

With all that stuff in mind, I made it to my small porch, and opened the old screen door. Of course the lights were still on. Why would I have expected Finnick to turn them off? As if he had any consideration for what my electrical bill would look like by the end of that month. I walked cautiously into my pitiful looking house. The TV was still on as well, and not surprisingly, tuned to MTZ again. Playing some good ol' screamo. I didn't have to see Finnick to know he was passed out on the couch. His snoring could have been heard from outside. I peeked over the backrest of my couch to find him snoozing there with an electric guitar sitting on his lap, which was hooked up to a... subwoofer. Did he drag that thing all the way in here from his van? I thought incredulously. There was a small debate in my mind about whether I wanted to wake him up or kick him out, but I eventually came to the decision not to do either of those things. "Meh, I'll just leave him be," I said to myself, walking into my poor excuse for a bedroom and sitting on my futon in the corner.

I planned to pick Judy up at about six, which would be in just under half an hour, and then we were going to the outskirts of Zootopia to find our funny-looking suspect. I laid on the futon for a bit, staring at the low ceiling. So much had happened in the past six hours, and it was all keeping me awake. There was nothing to do then except wait... or clean up my house, but that obviously wasn't going to happen, so I continued to lay there.

That didn't last very long though as my stomach quickly cried out in neglect. Poor me. I hadn't had anything to eat except for one slice of pizza from earlier that night. I went into my kitchen to see if I could salvage anything. Sure enough, I opened both pizza boxes to find diddly squat in them. "Finnick, you fatty," I whispered, shaking my head in disbelief.

I checked the fridge, and was reminded that I still had the same shortage of food in it, perhaps even greater so than before, thanks to Finn. I shut the fridge door in disappointment. "Guess I'm not having breakfast this morning," I muttered to myself out loud. I checked my phone. It was a quarter till. Time to go.

I hurried my way back outside and toward the police cruiser again, where I squeezed myself in against the alley and the vehicle to get in. I started it and let it warm up for a minute, before driving off. There was a good chance that I'd be arriving at Judy's a few minutes early, but then again, I knew she was a morning mammal.