Prologue

• Dedicated to to those who are opening old wounds while reading this, to those who have been o

Prologue

I paced around the small cell as my heart thudded against my chest. It’s only a matter of time now, I thought to myself. Why did I do that? Why did I have to disobey?

“You little bitch. How dare you embarrass me in front of my friends,” his cold voice brought me out of my train of thought. He stepped in front me using his inhumane speed and shoved me against the wall harshly. Pain began to shoot from all over my body. I simply bit my lip, trying to suppress my cries of fear and pain. My body shook, making him angrier.

His once crystal blue eyes turned midnight black as he stared me down and growled. “I…I…Didn’t mean to. They were just being rude and-“ He didn’t let me finish as his hand connected with my cheek. I should’ve known better than to provoke him. He was an Alpha, with a very respectable background. His maid openly disobeying him and being rude to his friends was not acceptable.

“Sorry is not going to cut it this time. They were right all along. I’ve been far too lenient with you,” he looked at me fiercely. Lenient, meaning he did not beat me enough. His large hands picked me up by my shoulders, “It’s about time I teach you a real lesson. Being an Alpha’s daughter, you must’ve been spoiled rotten. Your daddy must’ve given you his whole world.” Lies! I wanted to scream at him and tell him the whole truth, but my mouth remained closed. My life was far from that. My father was far from giving me his whole world… He didn’t even spare me a glance while I was- “Are you done zoning out? Is your attention span that small?” He mocked me as he threw me on the bed.

“I’m so sorry,” I spoke as I finally found my voice. “I’m your mate… Why do you keep hurting me?” I closed my eyes, fear overtaking my whole body. I knew that this was going to happen sooner or later. It has always been like this. Men were all the same. Pleasure was all they wanted. They never cared about how I felt. How dirty I felt.

“I’m an Alpha. Mate or not, you disobeyed me and deserve a punishment for that,” he kissed me forcefully, shoving his tongue deeply into my mouth. His hands roamed my body before ripping my clothing and throwing them onto the ground. “You will obey me from here on out,” he smirked darkly before ripping his pants off.

With one full thrust, he broke through me. He took away one thing that I have been holding on to since I had found him- hope. I stopped crying and watched as his wolf took over and ravaged my body forcefully. I did not make an attempt to look at him for I knew I’d see the same hunger and lust within his eyes. I’ve seen the same expressions in the eyes of the numerous men that…

“What do you know… Little miss innocent isn’t what she seems at all,” he snarled fiercely before filling me up. “So how many men have you been with? It’s certainly a whole lot of them, judging by the mixture of scent on you,” he looked at me in disgust and began to shake. “You are nothing but a whore.”

I looked at him with tears in my eyes before turning back and rocking myself back and forth. I wanted to tell him so badly but I couldn’t. Tears sprung out of my eyes as his last word repeated itself in my head over and over. A whore, that’s what I was and always will be. I clenched my fists tightly, feeling my mental wall tumbling down. I can’t lose the wall now. I didn’t want him to know what went on with my life. He’d be more disgusted with me if he found out. His snarls became louder as I turned back to face him.

“I’m sorry…” His eyes held so many emotions, it overwhelmed her. “Those scars on your back…”

“Don’t be. I am and will always be a whore. You don’t need to say sorry for speaking the truth,” With that, I turned and looked for my clothes. “As for the scars… I did them to myself. I deserved them,” I slipped into my uniform and handed him a towel. “Would you like anything, sir?”

His brows furrowed at the way I addressed him. “No,” he wrapped the towel around him and left.

I slipped onto the ground and cried the remaining of my tears out. The memories kept creeping back into my mind. My cries for help and pleas for them to stop… It only fueled their need… It sickened me up to the point in which I accepted everything and went along with them. After finding my mate, I thought that my life was going to change… I should’ve known he was just like the rest of them.

I laughed humorlessly as my father’s words crept back into my mind, “Love is not real. Men would only let you think that they do, but they’d only leave you in broken pieces after getting whatever the hell it is that they wanted from you. Remember that, whore. Love is not real.”

After hearing him say that, I started believing it myself. The innocent little angel that I once was turned into a cold stoic whore. He  changed it and gave me hope, but now that all hope and innocence are lost… I’m back into being that girl again. My mental wall slowly tended to its cracks and built itself up again, stronger than ever.

 --------------------------------------END OF PROLOGUE--------------------------------

 What do you think of the prologue?