Chapter 29 - Face to Face

After leaving the house and riding the train for some time , riding a taxi to the city which at first i thought she's just going to stop in the city and buy some welcome home gifts and stuff but we arrive  at Kasumi's home...

"We're here Mina..."

"Uh...huh ?" ( this is Kasumi's house..) We're at a very fancy section of the city...she grew up in this kind of neighborhood..?

But when i think about it , i think she'll fit perfectly in a place like this...surrounded by taller building her house is inside a exclusive subdivision , obviously for white collar employees who's earning top notch executive salaries ..but is it okay for me to be here , i feel i don't really belong in this place..

Despite arriving at her family's home she remains expressionless.. 

"Mina...."

"Hmn ?" 

"My father is very stern , serious and scary...so please be ready.."

"Really ? he seems to be nice and kind...when i met him.." 

"R-really ? oh right you and him had a chat before..." still confuse she gives him a odd look..

"We'll be fine..." he smiled at her brightly.

"I'm here for you , remember.."

he gives her a smile to put her mind at ease but he's seriously nervous deep inside..his knees might be shaking a little..

"Thanks..Well, let's go.."

We finally make our way inside their manor..

"My lady , welcome home !" we were greeted by her head maid which Kasumi gave a warm hug they  seem to be really close , she head out first to call his dad while i was  guided to the guess room , while i wait for a few minutes..

then Kasumi walks in the room , she suddenly looks sullen as she sat next to me her hands is a bit shaking so i held on to it to calm her down...

A few seconds when he enters the room her dad appeared..

"Pa' ...we've come to visit.."

" I see...." he said in a deep voice and nods..

He looks stern and strict and could be easily misunderstood but deep in side he's a caring loving soft hearted parent...

"It appears you have something you want to talk about.."

"Yes i apologize , i know you must be busy..." Kasumi said in a soft voice...

"Oh' Mr. Kitagami , i knew you'd come...hmn ?" 

he sat across them in his reclining  chair when he notice him holding her daughters hand firmly...

"So....by the looks of things it looked like your going to ask for my daughter hand in marriage..." he jokes..

Kasumi flustered , immediately let's go and move a little bit away from him , they look both embarrassed...

"Oh! you don't need to let go so suddenly , i know my daughter can be a bi stiff when it comes to me , i guess it's my fault to be misunderstood ...."

"Misunderstood ?" Kasumi confusedly ask.

"So, what is it , ..you want to talk about ?"

"Uh' , right..." just a few words and Kasumi's completely submitted

(His presence is overwhelming his completely different from the day we first met and had that chat , is he putting up the facade for Kasumi ? )

I took a quick look over at Kasumi...Oh' i can see her faintly shivering , is her dad really that scary ?

(I think she's more nervous than i am..)

"Um . Pa' ....i..." she nervously search for the right words..

"Yes , what is it my daughter.." his deep voice causes her to pause..

(Now's the time she need me..) i grab her hand and squeeze it tightly..

"Kasumi...relax it's okay just say what you have to say..."

"Mina....Thank you .." she smiles

Steeling herself , she takes on a serious expression ..then she looks at her father straight in the eye.

"Father ! i have come to have a discussion with you!"

"A discussion ?"

" I ...."

(come on Kasumi , you can do it )

"I want to become a doctor ! and i'm sure i'll become one , when that happen , i'll never marry in to Kuwakira Family !(Keisuke's bloodline) 

Fighting through her nerves she eventually said it out loud.

"I know you said , i didn't have to go through it ones i married into Kuwakira's Bloodline but , i'm not planning to be a part of that !"

"I want to fallow mother's footsteps more than anything !"

I never seen look her so earnest before...

"I'm gonna study medicine whether you like it or not , whether you support me or not , i'm going to fallow my dreams Papa !!"

After a brief silence..

"What makes you say this now ?" he said in a more lower and loud tone..

Kasumi was taken aback while i try to keep my mouth shut before i say anything unnecessary...

Is he trying to test Kasumi's conviction ? i know he knows just how much she's beating herself up the whole thing...

(But this is Kasumi's battle ) I sit quietly and wait for Kasumi to speak..

"I....because i know what i want to do now !"

"I know i can never match mothers achievement but someone believe in me and i know as well , i may not be able match it , but i can surpass it....No i will surpass mom' !" 

she said it with a strong voice burning passion can be seen through her eyes as he sternly look at his fathers eyes.. 

" I want to help people , like mom does , the way the people she help still remembers her and how she inspires them , it inspires me as well and i'm not going to back up now !"

She stood up to make the point

" I want to become a doctor no matter what !!"

(She said it..) I hold my breath waiting for his response..she sat back down and grips tightly my hand as we wait..

After a long pause he finally speaks..

"I knew it...."