XXII

Listen while you read:
Heather LaRose - New Moon

_______________________________

Everyone had quickly packed up everything and hit the road. They went with the new route since it was already marked on the map and they might need to grab a few things from the hospital Lucy mentioned. Lauren's green eyes solely focused on the road as she tried driving out the way of some disregarded dead animals while Ian was driving behind her at a safe distance.

"I don't trust them." Ian said gritting his teeth.

"Don't start, Ian." Lucy said eyeing the map.

"No, really. I bet you anything that she let him go and they're in cahoots with FoL. We don't know them and-"

"Shut up!" Calum exclaimed from the back seat startling everyone. "Just shut up, Ian, you know that they wouldn't do this. They have been nothing, but kind to us even after we kidnapped three of them. So would you get your head out of your ass and stop thinking like a fucking follower!"

That was the last straw for Ian. The loud screech of Ian stomping on the breaks could be heard for miles. Everyone in the van was harshly jerked forward by the sudden stop.

Once the girls in the other car heard the loud sound, they looked back to see that the newbies had stopped. When Lauren seen Ian jump out the van and open the back door to pull out Calum by his shirt, she turned the car around and parked right next to the green van. Lauren quickly exited once she seen Ian with an angry expression as he was spitting vile words at the Australian.

"Hey what's going on?" The veteran spoke walking up to both men.

"Stay out of this!" Ian said glancing at green eyed woman. Lauren furrowed her eyebrows in confusion trying to wonder who Ian was talking to because it sure as hell wasn't her. "Don't you ever tell me I am like them- I am nothing like them! I dare you to say it again just to give me a reason to finally punch your nerdy ass." He said to Calum who sat on the floor in fear. "Say it!" Ian challenged.

Lauren walked up from behind Ian and gently tapped his shoulder. The minute Ian turned, he was met with a harsh right hook to his jaw that dropped him on his ass.

"First off, when you're part of our group, you don't threaten each other. Secondly, Lauren Jauregui does not get spoke to in that manner. So why don't you open up your mouth one more time to give me a reason to finally choke your ass out." Lauren said looking down at Ian who rubbed his jaw.

The others got out of their vehicles to see what was going on. Dinah and Normani got out and quickly helped Calum to his feet.

The green eyed man stood up, eyes burning into Lauren's, who did the same. Neither of the two budged when sharing sour glares. Ian turned to walk away, but turned around to try and lunge himself at her. Lauren was fast and quickly grabbed his arm, throwing him over her shoulder and onto the ground. She had him on his stomach while her boot was on the man's back as she held his arm behind him. He tried getting up many times, but failed.

"Are you done?" She asked the man who squirmed under her boot.

"Yes." He grunted.

Lauren released the man and stepped back a few feet as a precaution. Ian stood up as everyone was staring at him like if he was crazy.

"Don't you ever put your hands on me again." He pointed at Lauren.

"Don't you ever put your hands on your friends. I didn't teach you guys all that to turn against one another." She responded calmly.