Arts & Crafts?

Arts & Crafts?

Clary and Jace had been sitting in the middle of Clary's art room for an hour on the picnic blanket. Clary was still shocked at the room which lay in front of her. Jace was staring at her the way he always did. Lovingly? Clary had never been very good at finding out how Jace felt but the past few months he had opened up to her more. 

"You know I won't be able to use this everyday." Clary finally said. picking at the food on her plate not looking directly at Jace. 

"I know that's why you should start using the room now." Jace said as if he was in another dimension. Jace always seemed to be so far away when he was so close. 

"You want me to do art when your in the room?" Clary asked. Arts and crafts? This wasn't the way Clary wanted the evening to go. 

"Yes why is that a problem?" Jace asked back.

"Fine. One painting." Clary said back and walked over to the shelves where all the art supplies were in used glass jars. She picked up the jar of paint brushes and the water paints.

What was she meant to draw? Her mind was buzzing thinking about what to paint. Jace lay on his front now looking up at Clary and the canvas. Clary opened the paints and put a blue, green, brown, black, purple,  red, yellow and orange onto a palette. She picked up the a paint brush and dipped it into the green. She painted the first thing that came into her head. Idris.

Clary hadn't been back there since what happened to Valentine, Max, Sebastian and Jace. Jace. She couldn't think about what happened to Jace it upset her to much. Even though it was just a few minutes he was dead it had been the hardest few minutes of her life. She felt the wetness falling down her cheeks. She was crying again. She felt the embrace of Jace's arms around her waist and his head on her shoulder. 

"It's not that bad. You can always start again. Plus I think it looks exactly like Idris." Jace said soothingly. He stroked Clary's hair enter twining his calloused fingers in it. Clary loved how he did that it gave her a bit of reassurance that he positively loved her.

"No it's not that." Clary said wiping the tears away from her face. She turned round linking her arms around Jace's neck and lifting her feet off the floor so she was on her tiptoes she kissed him. Not desperately but passionately. He picked her up so her legs were locked around his hips. 

"Are you sure...you want to carry this act out in an...art room full of the smell...of drying paint?" Jace asked Clary between kisses as if he were breathless. Clary looked at him worriedly and he smiled at her.

"No not really." Clary answered in return to his question. He kissed her on the lips once more and then gently placed her on her feet. He locked his hand in hers.

"Well lets go then everyone should be in bed by now." Jace said kissing Clary on her forehead. 

"Okay just let me go to Izzy's room I left my backpack in there earlier." Clary said as they both stepped through the door. The coldness of the hallway compared to the heat in the art room because of the candles sent shivers through Clary. Jace pulled her in close and then kissed her again.

"Okay I'll see you in a minute." Jace said and let go of her hand and half jogged down the corridor. Clary watched after him until he turned the corner. She stood there for a minute and then realized she had to go to Izzy's room. Clary walked down the corridor in a haze. She knew where she was going she'd been to the Institute especially Izzy's room plenty of times. When Clary came out of her haze Izzy was standing in the doorway of her room snapping her fingers in front of Clary's face.

"Clary! Clary are you okay?" Izzy asked worried.

"Oh...yeah. I just needed my backpack from your room." Clary exclaimed and rushed into Izzy's room even though Clary wasn't in Izzy's bedroom to pick up her backpack. She hadn't even brought her backpack. 

"Clary you didn't have a backpack when you came in. Did you leave it in Jace's room?" Izzy asked worriedly, her face was full of concern. 

"I know that Izzy," Clary half shouted. "I have a problem." Clary said after.

"What is it?" Izzy asked.