Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Coming Home

I called Marco, wanting to know more about his past. If he and Melanie have dated, I can trust him not to do anything right? The phone rang a few times, then picked up.

"Hey Bailey." He answered. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to hear your voice. Are you having any fun?"

"Yeah, I'm actually hanging out with Andy, Melanie, and Tamari right now."

"Who's Tamari?"

"She's Melanie's cousin. I met her on the plane. She looks a lot like you."

"Strange." I heard someone speaking Spanish in the background, then laughing. Marco laughed too. "I was wondering..."

"What? I have to go Bailey. Love you."

"Wait!" I said, but I was too late. I sighed and put my phone in my pocket.

Well at least he's having some fun while visiting. I feel a little forgotten. He was so wrapped up in his friends that he couldn't even concentrate on what I was saying. I hope he gets back soon.

I sat down on the couch and sighed. I looked at Jason and smiled. He handed me a toy and I took it from him.

"Thank you." I said. As quickly as he gave it to me, he took it back. "Oh, okay then." I kissed him on the cheek and got up. "Mom, can you watch them? I'm going to go plan."

"Sure sweetie."

I went upstairs and sat at my desk. What's going to be the music to our first dance? A song instantly came into my head. The song Maybe by Yiruma seemed like a good song to have. I still need flower girls, and I want up to three. Maybe Sally and Heather can be flower girls, then I only need one more person. Maybe I can get one of my little cousins to be it. I'll decide that later. I need a ring bearer, and I don't know who that could be. So much for planning, all I figured out was two flower girls and the first dance song.

I sighed and pulled my phone from my pocket. I dialed Kassia and she instantly picked up.

"Hey B. What's up?"

"Do you want to hang out today? We can get the whole group together."

"Yeah, sounds like fun. Let's meet at the mall, okay?"

"Fine."

I got the twins ready and we headed off to the mall. Once there, I put the twins in their stroller and went inside. I text Kassia and told her that I was in front of Wet Seal. A few minutes and my friends were here. Kassia immediately picked up Bella and held her.

"So has it been hard to take care of Jason and Bella while Marco is away?" Hannah asked me.

"Extremely. I don't have his magic touch to put them to sleep, and it's even worse since they're teething."

"You know we can help if you need it." Spencer offered.

"Thanks guys, but I think I should get used to taking care of them on my own. Marco won't always be there to help."

Marco's P.O.V*

I sat upstairs with my abuela while everyone was downstairs getting ready to eat lunch. My abuela laid in her bed with her oxygen mask on.

"How are you feeling to today?" I asked her.

"I've been better."

I gave a half smile. "We all believe in you. You'll live for many years more, trust me."