Chapter 8

Anthony POV

I watched as they pulled out of the parking lot. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened my eyes with a content smile. A weight was taken off my shoulders when Alex said was alright with me telling my parents. Wait..

Was I alright with telling my parents?

My mom would be fine, I'm sure, but my dad is a little old fashioned. Would he be OK with this? Do i want him to be OK with this? Do I care if he's ok with this?

I rub my face while sighing out of frustration. "It will be fine" Malakai says. I move to sit on the sidewalk "I hope" I whisper. I look down at my hand that Alex wrote his number on.

I chuckle. Which builds up to a laugh. Tears start to we'll up in my eyes. I really don't care how anyone's going to feel, I thought I would but I don't. The worst case scenario is that they kick me out (which would probably not happen) and I'm ok with that. If that happens Alex and I could just find a house with some empty land and live our lives.

No matter what happens, we'll still have a pretty good life. And I can feel how content that make Malakai.

That's when the tears start to flow. I'm gonna be fine, my precious, sweet little mate will be safe and loved and taken care of, even if worst comes to worst. I can't even describe how happy and relived that makes me.

I pull out my phone and go into my contacts and add his number. I saved his name as 'Mate' without even thinking which had me smiling like a dork. I wipe my face and make my way over to my motorcycle. Once I'm on I make my way home to my 'party'.

~[one boring bike ride later where the only thing exciting was a dead mammal in the road]

I park my bike and made my way over to my house with so many mixed feelings. I opened that door and was immediately greeted buy my family and friends. I smiled and made my way over to Avery. He was talking to Madison but I just pulled him away into the other room.

"Hey! I was having a conversation!" He shouted. I shushed him and he didn't look to happy about that. "Shut up! I gotta tell you something really important." He waited for me to continue. Oh, wow this is going to be more difficult than I thought. "Well, you see little brother." I paused to take a deep breath, yeah, this is way harder than I thought. I squeezed my eyes shut. "I found my mate today." I opened my eyes and he looked like he was gonna cry. "Please there's been a lot of crying today I don't want to deal with more." I tell him flat out. He fans his face to dramatically compose himself. He then pulls me in for a hug.

"So what are they like?" He asks excitedly, but then his face turns kinda blank and he starts slamming me with questions. "Did it happen at the game? Was Alex there? Did he see? You probably broke his little heart. Aw, poor baby!"

I cut him off "Avery, don't worry, Alex is fine." Just saying his name made me smile. He looked at me with a slight disgusted face. "How could you say that? You practically flirted with him and he probably thought you liked him and then you go-- WAIT A MINUTE it was Alex wasn't it!? You guys are mates, aren't you?!" He rambles.

I just smile and hug my brother, feeling tears come into my eyes again. Alex just gets me so emotional, I had a crush on him for so long and he's finally with me. It's an amazing feeling.

"I so happy for you bro, I really am." He whispered sincerely. Why did i think this was going to be hard? Avery is so excepting, there was no way he wouldn't be OK with this. We broke away from the hug and Avery looked me right in the eye "Are you gonna tell everyone tonight?" I could actually feel my face pale.

"Um...." This is it, I've already decided on that sidewalk that I would tell everyone. No matter the out come. I grab Avery's shoulders and with the most confidence I could muster I say "Yes." He smiles brightly "Alright then let's go."