Chapter 38

"You have to be fantastic at everything, don't you?" Pine Tree smiled lovingly, arm linked around Bill's, tummy warm and full from breakfast and a happy morning. They were nearing the end of the hall.

"Of course. But you get the best treatment!" Bill replied cheerfully. "So, what would you like to do today?"

"Maybe later I can take you up on that offer to teach me to play the piano," he grinned, feeling giddy. "Or we could go and do what you want. But . . . we do have some important things planned, so we should probably get them out of the way first."

"A-okay, kiddo! We can do important things first and then I'll teach you to play piano! I know a small song that you can learn. It's one of my favorites," Bill said with excitement, walking into the throne room once again.

The brunet beamed, a bounce in his step as they entered their glorious area. "Ah, it's actually pretty nice here," he said, affectionately pressing closer to Bill. "Mmm . . . who do you think needs to be checked on today?"

He made a thoughtful face. "Well, it's up to you. I figure we should stay away from Ford until you're ready. Maybe see the rest of your friends at the Shack?"

"Will they even let us go back there?" he asked, huffing a bit. "I would like to . . . but they've got to be holding a bad grudge on us. Actually, everyone is. Gideon, Ford, Wendy, Stan . . . I think our only luck would be with the clones or the other demons. And that's not saying much." He looked at the blond, a little frustrated. I need a kiss. It was a fleeting thought, one that brought an embarrassed flush to his face. S-sorry . . . I didn't . . . sorry.

Bill giggled. Ah! Silly Pine Tree, he thought and pulled the boy flush against him. "I'll kiss you anytime you want. Just ask, kid." To prove his point, he leaned down and kissed Pine Tree, cheeks tinted red.

It was chaste, but the tween was drenched in passionate love afterward. He felt so beautifully weak, leaning into Bill like he was his lifeline. Goodbye, frustrations. "You probably shouldn't give me that privilege. I'd use it too much," he joked, beaming.

Bill laughed, arms around him gently, lovingly holding the kid up to his chest. "That's fine. I enjoy every second."

"I enjoy every millisecond," he smirked back in mock evil, eyes glinting with laughter. His blush didn't go away.

The blond shook his head in amusement before kissing him again. He closed his eyes, simply letting their emotions flow through him.

Pine Tree did the same, fully smitten, perfect, everything perfect. He enamoured the former triangle, his flawless lips wonderful on his own. If they were going to do something, he pushed it aside. This was the real priority. No complaints from his department.

Bill let go of his worries and plans. Weirdmageddon and stage two didn't matter at the moment. Just Pine Tree. His Pine Tree. He lost himself in the fervor and sensations, the world around him disappearing into the far background. The male had replaced everything with the boy in front of him. Bill hoped the kid felt the same thing, wanting both their worries to disappear.

There was no need to hope, for the same dedication reverberated over their connection as Pine Tree found himself helplessly in love. He even liked the possessive hold Bill had on him, though it felt protective more than anything. Because Bill was everything. His stolen breath came with a huge grin, and the boy found himself panting. "W-wow . . ."

Bill's eye opened after they pulled away, glowing gold with happiness and love. The king didn't need a mirror to know what he looked like. Parted lips, flushed cheeks, and messy blond hair. He was smiling. "You said it."