The Kitten Has Claws [Chapter 17]

This book is available for purchase on amazon.com as an ebook. 

Chapter 17

Violet was focused on one thing, and one thing alone: killing every dirty bastard who dared to lay a hand on her sister. When the Hunters had caused her sister more pain she didn't stop to think about the consequences, instead she leapt into the air and proclaimed to all around her what she was.

Royalty.

She couldn't let that distract her right now though. Later she would deal with everyone and their questions. Right now, there would be no survivors.

She screeched again and pulled her wings tightly to her body, diving straight for the lead Hunter. Bullets shot around her, but she swiftly avoided each one, diving and tucking in the air. Reaching out with a claw, she swiftly cut off the Hunter's hand and then slit his throat before he could scream in pain.

Relishing the sweet smell of blood she attacked another Hunter, this time using her fangs to tear his throat out. Her sanity was long gone; otherwise she would have questioned how this looked to the men. Violet was never bloodthirsty, she had suppressed those urges long ago, but somehow, it seemed that they had resurfaced.

The Hunters started to back away from her in fear, realizing that she wasn't something to mess with. In a matter of seconds she had managed to kill five of them already. Faster than they could blink she had another in her grasp, holding him by the throat. Using her wings to propel herself high into the hair, she released him over the group of remaining Hunters, watching in malicious satisfaction as his body fell to the ground with a delicious crack of breaking bones.

By this time the panthers had joined in, efficiently taking care of the remaining six men. Violet landed softly on the ground and wiped her bloody claws on the grass. She snarled menacingly at Ryder when he tried to approach her sister. He backed away with raised hands and joined the group of wary men who watched her in trepidation.

"Clover?" she whispered worriedly, dropping to her knees before the woman.

The woman looked up at her slowly and gave a weak smile, "Hey Vi, where have you been all this time?"

Violet gave a sigh of relief and hugged her older sister close, "Hiding from Father. What about you? Why were you with the Hunters?"

Clover frowned angrily, "We was supposed to be watching them, but somehow they tricked us and captured me. I've been their slave for about a week now. Stupid Hunters."

"We? Who else was with you?"

"Me." Basil dropped to the ground from the tree and gave a sheepish grin. The men growled and started walking towards him.

"Basil?" Violet squealed. She pushed the men out of the way and leapt into his arms. "I've missed you so much!"

He laughed and spun her around, "I've missed you to Vi. I thought I'd never see you again. Covered in blood, nonetheless."

"Who the hell is he?" Finn growled jealously. He would rip this puny man to shreds if he didn't let go of Violet.

She unwrapped herself from Basil's arms and grinned happily, "This is Basil, my best friend from childhood. I haven't seen him in over five years." She turned to face Basil and asked seriously, "Were you Clover's guard?"

He nodded, ashamed, "Yes. She was captured because of me. I'm so sorry."

"That's alright," she gave him a quick peck on the cheek and pulled him towards Clover, "It's all taken care of now."