XXXII - Kane

July 4th, 2016

My cousin set the oven on fire

It was an interesting day

OH OH OH OH AND ALSO for anyone that lives in the US, Happy Independence Day! I hope you enjoyed it. :D

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty-Two

Seline tossed the now empty blood bag to the side, letting out a sigh of relief as the pulsing in her brain began to dull. Hospitals were always a good place to get blood if you didn't have the strength to compel someone, or if you didn't like harming people.

She stood up and put the bags into the trash, then ran. The hospital she took them from didn't keep track very well. It was a hospital in a big city known for crime, there were many operations that required blood transfusions. There was no way that they could actually count how many went in and out, not with how many operations that they had per day. No one would say anything about the blood because no one would know what to say.

Now that she was full and the temptation was gone, she needed to go home. She began to run from the alleyway she had been hiding in and towards her building, doing so at such a fast speed that no human eye could spot her. Her heart sped up at the thought of seeing Jordan and Megan again. She had missed them dearly. They were her closest friends and she hadn't seen them in years.

She went to Jordan and Megan's floor, standing in front of the door with her heart practically racing. She knocked on the door, and was met with no answer. She tried the doorknob, but was met with surprise when it slowly turned. Megan was a rather paranoid person, she would never leave that door unlocked. She liked a feeling of security, and leaving herself vulnerable with an unlocked door certainly wasn't the way to keep herself feeling safe.

Seline pushed it open and walked inside, but not before seeing the marks on the doorframe. They resembled claw marks, as if a large animal had scratched at the wood. Deep inside, she already knew exactly what kind of creature had been there.

"Jordan?" she called. "Megan?"

She inhaled, and she could only catch Jordan's scent. Where was Megan?

She went inside the apartment, and saw even more scratches than on the doorframe. They littered the walls and the hardwood floor. Even the tiles on the kitchen had marks on them.

She followed Jordan's scent to the bedroom, and pushed the door open to see him sitting on the edge of the bed. His back was facing her and he had his elbows on his knees, with his head hung low. He had a bottle of scotch in his hand.

"Jordan?" she said, and he jumped.

He dropped the bottle, and the liquid spilled from it and stained the carpet. He didn't seem to care, though. He just turned and stared at her, his eyes wide. It took her a moment to realize that his eyes were bloodshot, and he was pale. He hadn't slept in weeks and he hadn't fed either. What had happened while she was gone?

"Are you alri-" she began to ask him, but he cut her off immediately, and his shaky voice made her freeze.

"They killed her," he suddenly rushed out.

"How long?" she asked him after a few moments of silence.

Jordan swallowed. "A-A month."

He suddenly stood up, his legs shaking for a moment. He looked like he was about to break down completely. She went forwards and caught him before he fell, hugging him tightly to her. He began to sob into her shoulder, but didn't want to wrap his arms around her. He didn't want to feel touch, it reminded him of her. Everything reminded him of her.