- Addiction 16 -

Question: Who got drunk on the Fourth of July?

16
• • •
Maryland Summer Mascotte

Taking off my heels once I stepped in the house, I sighed in relief. Of course I wasn't going on a lunch date with Zayn today- the nigga is a psychopath.

Even though I used to like him, his girlfriend came crying to me and asking for help. Haven't seen her since.

I walked over to my coffee table and picked up the contract, then went to find my shredder. This contract that I'm holding is telling me nothing but to be Ahren's sex whore. I rebuke it in the name of Jesus.

Turning on the shredder, I put in one paper after another, my phone lighting up with someone calling me.

"Hello?" I answered, switching the machine off

"Where the fuck are you?"

"Watch your tone with me, Mr. Braune. I'm not in the mood" I scoffed, crossing my leg over the other

Hearing him snarl under his breath, I rolled my eyes, "You need to be back at work in five minutes"

"I'm sorry, but I quit"

There was a pregnant pause. I waited whilst examining my fingers and nails, feeling careless and unbothered by his dour attitude.

"Excuse me?" Ahren inquired

"I quit the job because I'm tired of your damn bullshit. But it was nice while it lasted" I said, ending the call

Tossing my phone somewhere, I finished getting rid of the stupid files that's a waste of my time.

Then I thought about how my feelings for Ahren.

I've been working at Braune Incorporations for a little bit over a month, and I have to admit, I fell for Ahren much harder than I expected. It wasn't my intention to- it just happened out of nowhere. The yelling, the demands, the bittersweet affections, the mixed pleasure- everything. It all made me fall for this powerful man.

And honestly, I'm shocked.

What kind of girl would be in love with a person who strictly wants a sex relationship?

Anastasia Steele.

I ran my hands through my hair as I thought about what I've gotten myself into. Getting up from the couch, I made my way towards the kitchen to find a bottle of Pink Moscato. I twisted the cap open and immediately took drinks of the wine.

My mind that was once stable is now on the verge of being fucked up.

"I hate myself" I pouted whilst throwing a tiny tantrum

Laying back on the arm of the couch, I took another sip from the alcoholic beverage- licking my lips for the tangy taste. My heart rate picks up, then slowed down as I felt relaxed.

A few minutes went by, and a knock was heard at the front door.

"What the flaming click crickets?" I groaned

I got up and went to answer the door without looking through the peephole- seeing Ahren caused me to almost drop the bottle.