Coming Undone.

---------------------------

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED.

---------------------

                                                I stood, watching the scene unravel with my mouth a gape. What the fuck is going on?

 The clothes I once had in my hands, dropped to the floor.

Right away, they pulled away from each other at the sound of the thud and turned to look where I stood. They watched me with widened eyes. And I did the same.

Dustin was the first to step forward, waving his hands back and worth rapidly. "It's not what you think, Ray."

I shook my head, pressing a hand to my forehead. I looked to the ground. What the hell was I thinking, exactly?

No main thoughts settled, they all buzzed around at once, like a pack of angry bees.

I didn't know what I felt, either. I mean, I had just caught Gabby and Dustin kissing. Gabby and fucking Dustin kissing!

Should I be angry? Should I be disappointed?

Why would I be angry?

Because Gabby broke the 'girl code.'

I had even remembered her preaching she wouldn't move in on Dustin or something. Now here she was, kissing him.

But it's not like Dustin's was mine to claim. For all I know, I didn't really like him.. Still, I found excuses to be angry at her.

It wasn't the fact she kissed Dustin that hurt me, it was the fact she didn't keep her word, and preached about this damn girl code.

Seems she needed to study the rules after all, not me.

My eyes darted to where they stood. Dustin refused to meet Gabby's pleading eyes, he looked directly at me the whole time. "I don't really know what to think right now." I said, quite breathless.

Dustin nodded. "And that's totally understandable, because-"

I cut him off, holding up my hand. "Please don't talk. I'm just going to back inside and pretend I didn't see this. Okay?"

Dustin made another move to approach me. "But you need to un-"

I ran off with that, back in the house, slamming the door shut. This caught the attention of Gage right away. He popped up from his seat right away. "What happened? Is that damn wolf out there again?"

He came rushing over to where I stood, getting ready to open the door, but I pressed my body against it, blocking him from getting out. "Um, no, no. It's nothing."

Gage eyed me, obviously not buying it. "Then why'd you come running into the house?"

I shrugged nonchalantly. "I saw.. A rat." Actually two rats making out, one of them was your sister!

He raised both his eyebrows at me. "A rat?"

I cleared my throat and reached him, rubbing the back of my neck nervously. "Yeah. They could have had rabies or something. So I ran."

"That's a shitty lie, Ray."

"What makes you think it's a lie?"

"Because you've been fidgeting. You fidget when you lie."

"Really?" I said, faking shock. "You noticed that? I always thought I was a good liar."

He rolled his eyes at me and moved me away from the door. "You're also shitty at changing subjects of conversations." He placed his hand on the knob of the door, and that's when I freaked.