iv.

check out the new preview to this book in the "introduction" chapter, it's amazing.

Taehyung hissed at the stinging sensation in his right leg, gripping his thigh tightly as he silently cried in the deserted subway entrance. He wanted desperately to call the ambulance and police to come and retrieve him, but he was scared.

Scared of being questioned. Scared of saying the wrong thing. Scared that they'd point the finger at him. He did shoot a guy after all, but did that make him a murderer?

"It was self defense," he told himself as he shook his head. "I was helping Jeongguk."

And then it dawned on him. Jeongguk. "This was his fault." What the hell was with that guy and why were those men after him? Or were they actually targeting Taehyung himself?

He hit his head repeatedly, as if trying to knock his brain back to the right place so he could think properly. "Jeongguk. I don't ever want to see that guy's face ever again."

"Hey crazy! Stop talking to yourself!" Taehyung's breath hitched as he heard a shout from the bottom of the escalators. A homeless man, he noted.

He looked down at the sandwich sitting beside him, one that he had stolen from whatever house he was held captive. Taehyung left the place as soon as he woke up, in fear of the owner returning to finish him off for good.

Being the kind citizen he is, he tossed the wrapped sandwich down, hitting the man's shoulder. Taehyung smiled to himself, tucking his hands into his pocket and grinning at his good deed.

Until the sandwich came flying back at him and hit him on the head. "Wha— "

"I don't need your charity case kid! Why don't you go back home and stop running away like a little wuss."

"What the f—"

"Fuck you man!" A voice called out and Taehyung almost pulled a muscle in his neck by how fast he shot his head in the opposite direction. "Throw one more thing at my best friend and I'll shove that sandwich so far down your throat, you'll choke."

"Jimin!"

"Surprise!"

"Thank god!" Taehyung sat up as he reached his arms out to grab his best friend's wrist. "There's something you need to know. Jeongguk is —"

"What"

The red haired male stumbled back at the sudden appearance of the one person he so desperately wanted to avoid.

"Miss me?"

--

i've been really busy lately so forgive me for this short chapter.