chapter 38

A/N -

I am republishing this chapter because it was partly published. Parts of it were still pending to be worked on.
There is an extra part which was unwritten so the readers who read it previously are requested to reread.

_¤_¤_¤_¤_¤_¤_¤_¤_¤_¤_

Violet's POV -

"Open up your textbooks to page no. 163 . There are few exercises on that page and some more on the following page. I am assigning you partners. Co-work and complete them now itself. I ll check it by the end of this class." Mr John , our history teacher says while some of us groans out loud.

Well , you really cant raise your brows at our response. First period history is a direct ticket to slumberland.

" So , I ll name the partners." He says while taking out a sheet where he has the names of us along with our partners.

I just droop low in my seat and lay my head lazily on the desk.
He starts announcing the names while I absentmindedly draw patterns on the desk , hoping I ll get a decent partner.

" Violet Taylor with Ashley Johnson." He suddenly says and I sit uptight with a jerk while my face surely adorns the most disapproving frown.

So much for having a decent partner !

Ashley tries to argue with him but he ignores her and proceeds further with the list. She dramatically stomps her foot and walks towards my desk , glaring at me as if wanting to eat me up alive.
She settles herself with a scornful expression while I open up my notebook , totally avoiding her.

" I ll do the exercises on page 163. You do the rest." I say finally when I realize that the non-conversation idea won't work if we want to get this assignment done.

She simply grunts in response leaving me to shake my head at her.

After a good twenty minutes later , out of the corner of my eyes , I see Ashley fidgeting with her hair.

" Are you ....?" I trail off as I peek a look in her note book to check her work.

" Yes , I'm done." She bluntly says.

" Well those were some tough exercises." I mutter.

" Do you take me for a fool ? Just so you know , I am not the stereo typical bitch they normally have in highschools." She sternly says.

" Yeah , just realised that. You may be fairly smart but there's no denying that you're a bitch. " I shrug.

" You know nothing about me , Taylor. Better keep that mouth shut or I know how to do it." She glares at me.

Before I form a response , our professor beats me to it.

" Miss Taylor , Miss Benson. I assume this is not your hanging out spot. Complete your work in silence." He sternly says and goes back to whatever he was doing.

" Well , someone definitely did not get laid yesterday." I mutter causing her to snicker.

" Its not about you though. I happen to be on his bad side and since you are with me , he will blame you as well." Ashley shrugs.

" Whose good side are you even on should be the question." I murmur to which she grins evilly at me.

" How do you solve this question ?" I ask her suddenly.

" Its quite simple. Its just like matching the columns." She shrugs.

" Oh yes ! Thankyou. You really do seem smart." I say.