Chapter 16

It wasn't till the middle of the day that Severus came back to the room. Rosie was sleeping on the couch, curled up in his cloak. He grumbled and gently picked her up, setting her on his bed. Severus pulled the covers up to her shoulders before going into the restroom. He splashed his face with cold water and looked into the mirror on his wall. His eyes caught the refection of his new pins and the fact that one had already gone missing. Severus panicked and ran out of the room to look for his missing possesion as Rosie peeked her eye open.

"Idiot." she smirked and held the missing pin between her fingers.

She looked around the room before deciding to change and see how long it takes Severus to figure it out or confess that he lost his present. She put on a black dress and grabbed her cloak, putting the other one back and her's on. She looked in the mirror and tilted her head.

"Hm... Why not?" she put the missing pin on her cloak, fastening it so the cloak wouldn't fall off.

Looking at herself in the mirror, she smiled. She looked similar to a female Severus. Rosie walked out of the room and looked through the corridors for Severus.

Before meeting Severus, she ran into Ron and Harry. They smiled and hugged her. She slightly hugged back.

"Hi, Miss Riddle." Harry smiled up at her.

"Hello, Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasly." Rosie smiled back.

They took her hand and dragged her into the library. She smiled at their game and followed.

"What is it, you two?" she whispered, as they were obviously hiding.

"It's Snape." Harry muttered.

"What about him?" she frowned.

"We think he's trying to get the Sorcerer's Stone." Harry looked around.

"What do you mean?" Rosie kneeled down.

"Well, we found out that he used to be a supporter of Voldemort. A big one. Voldemort's still alive and with the stone, Snape can restore Voldemort's power!" Harry struggled to keep it a whisper.

"I doubt that. Sev- Snape is not what you think." she defended her friend.

Harry frowned and saw the 'S' pin holding her cloak together. He looked her in the eyes and glared slightly.

"You fancy him." he whispered.

"I do not." she growled.

"You do. That's why you play pranks on him. To get his attention. You're always seen with one of his cloaks on." Ron helped Harry.

"I play pranks so maybe the students can get a break from their stuck up teacher. I wear the cloaks because they're comfortable." Rosie muttered.

"Then what's with the 'S' pin?" Harry pointed at it.

"It stands for Slytherin." she huffed.

"Why do you have one and Snape the other?" Ron questioned.

Rosie sighed in defeat. "Fine, I fancy him. But he won't hear a word about it, right?"

The boys smiled to each other. "Right!" they spoke simultaneously before running off.

Rosie sighed and stood, freezing as she bumped into someone. "Sorry" she muttered and started to walk away.

A hand grabbed her shoulder and spin her around. Rosie gasped at the sight of Severus. The potions master glared and saw his other pin on her cloak.

"I see you found my missing present." he huffed.

She sheepishly nodded and looked shyly at him. "It was um... laying on the ground in our room."

"And what's this I hear about you fancying someone?" Severus muttered, plucking the pin off her.

"What do you mean?" she looked around, rocking on her feet.

"Don't play me to be a fool. I heard your conversation with Potter and the young Weasly." he growled, putting the pin in its rightful place.

"I'm not playing you a fool. I don't fancy anyone." Rosie lied.

"Fine, then you won't mind if I use Legilimency?" Severus immediately entered her mind without permission and without giving her time to prepare.

The past ten minutes of Gracie's life flashed before her eyes. She looked as Severus watched her reveal her little crush to Harry and Ron. The real Severus that was looking through her mind looked at her before bringing them back out.

"Rosie-" Severus tried to apologize, but she had disappeared, running from him.

His shoulders slumped in sadness as he turned to their room. Dumbledore was there infront of him, blocking  his way out. Severus straightened up quickly and looked at the elder man that had a mechivious sparkle in his eye.

"I was hoping you two would get together eventually." the headmaster smiled.

"You planned this, sir?" Severus looked shocked.

"Yes, I even placed a bet against Professor McGonagall." Dumbledore nodded.

"Sir, I don't appreciate the fact you are trying to force me to love." Severus glared slightly.

"Its not forcing if the participate is willing." Dumbledore smirked against the potions master's glare.

"But I wasn't willin-" Severus's statement was cut off from Dumbledore hushing him.

"Nonsense, I put you together. It will work." the elder smiled innocently.

"This isn't what I want. I want Lilly." Severus growled.

"AND Rosie." Dumbledore walked around Severus.

"You aren't making sense." Severus stumbled as Dumbledore pushed him from behind.'

"Go to her. She went to the boathouse." Dumbledore pushed him again.

Severus muttered under his breath in disagreement, but gradually making his way towards the boathouse, unaware of the other professor giving Dumbledore five sickles.

"You are as bad as the muggle students, Albus." McGonagall sighed as he pocketed the money.

"Where do you think I learned it?" The man smiled and walked to his office to maybe catch a glimpse of his paired against their will but not really couple.