Chapter 28: Truth

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." ― Mark Twain

Third Person POV

"Tim on the other line, sir," Jaime handed the cordless phone to Zandros and he took it after glancing at his wife who was sitting comfortably on the couch on one corner, adjacent to the bookshelves that encompass the whole right wall of the study room.

"Thank you, Jaime," Zandros said as he took the phone. Jaime just nodded and quietly retreated back.

"You have what I need?" Zandros' forehead scrunched up as he leaned against his chair and waited for Tim to laid out whatever useful information he brought for him.

"I have a very interesting information, Zandros," the words took all my attention, I bolted sat upright as I stared at the door, my whole attention focused on the other line. "Mrs. Aneth Kieber was Tamara and Tara's sister-in-law and she's one of the nurses who helps Mrs. Mailov on that day. There are three of them, and what really interesting is, a week after she was discharged, the two nurses were fired. And another interesting revelation is, Mrs. Aneth Kieber's husband, Doctor Lorenzo Agnelis is the chief of staff. There has been a scandal on June 1991, but the story died down. It was about these staff that was fired." Zandros becoming excited by the second. The wrinkles on his forehead fading.  "I went to meet with the IT of the hospital,  Mikael Anastos. He was my wife sister's husband, luckily. I asked him if they have old computers that were unused and I could buy it. He showed me a bunch of unused ones, and I bought two old computer's CPU. I was elated when I found an interesting information. I never thought my instinct was true.  I retrieve some information that wasn't in their databases or probably tapped or altered so nobody finds it," Zandros massaged his temple as he propped both palms on his desk, his body leaning forward, his head hung a little lower, with eyes closed, all the while listening intently to Tim. "On the day of May 22, 1991, at five o'clock in the afternoon, two babies were registered, by the name of Alexandrous and Alexandrine." 

Zandros' mind drifted to the small conversation happens just as he walks into the room ...

"What were the names?" Tara asked Zandros as she puts on her gloves. The three nurses were busy comforting Lauren as she screams in pain. 

"If it's a boy, she wants him to be named as Alexandrous, if it's a girl, it is Angelik," Zandros responded quickly as he walked closer to his wife and held her hand. 

"What if it's twins?"  Zandros looks at one of the nurses, but his whole system was focused on his wife's screaming and swearing. 

"Alexandrine," Lauren whimpers then she made a series of puffing of air trying to soothe the pain.

 "...Agatha Fahim, Loretta Franco, and Mrs. Aneth Kieber were the nurses, under Doctor Tara Asker's lead." Tim's voice drags him back to him and he suddenly snapped his eyes to his wife, she was sipping leisurely on her coffee while reading a magazine. "Do you mean, my wife delivered two babies on that day?" Zandros voice quivered a little as he tried to lower his voice, avoiding his wife to hear their conversation. The fear he felt suddenly diminishes and hope arises again. His heart beating faster that normal. He felt elated with the news and at the same time, fear for his kids when they found out, especially his wife. What will she do when she found out?

"That's what the data system shows, Zandros. The remarks say that the second baby came out next just ten seconds after, then your wife lost consciousness, out of exhaustion."

"Do you have all that information copied? I will talk to the CEO of AEH, someone has to pay for the damage they caused to my family," Zandros clenched his jaws.