The book

Thanks a lot for reading my book.
I hope you like this one too.
I got this on a magazine. I can't give any guarantee if it's real or not. But it was kind of creepy.

I liked to read books. It was my hobby to collect old books. One of my friend gifted me a book. It was really old. It was written in a language I couldn't understand. There were drawings, more like scribbles of stars and  other stuff.
I wasn't really interested in the book. So, I left it in a corner of the bookcase. After one week after getting that book I had to go to another place for work related issues.  I got a phone call from my upstairs neighbour that , someone is inside my house. They had heard constant sound of shifting furnitures, running sinks, even they heard people chanting. They sounded really freaked out. I told them to call the police. 

The next day they called again. This time they sounded frantic. What's wrong? I asked them. He replied in a Whisper that, there are demons inside my apartment. They are furious for calling the police. Now they are going to kill him. I thought they were joking. So I didn't pay any attention to him.
After three more days I returned back to my place. Only to find something I would never forget.

The house was covered with yellow tapes. My apartment was locked. I went next door. I asked them what happened.
What I heard next was something I never thought would happen. The woman next door told me that, about  three nights ago the man and woman who lived upstairs committed suicide.  But it looked more like a murder suicide case. The woman's hand were cut in deep slits. But the knife used to do that wasn't found.
It felt like everything was my fault. I felt such guilt. I should have seen the signs and called the police that night. I mean was really obvious that they were losing their mind. How can demons be real. I went to the police station because I needed to get inside my apartment.

One of the officers came with me to my apartment. While he was opening the the locks I asked him about the murder or suicide.
He had the same story as the woman next door.  I asked him about the missing knife. He told me that it was probably a very thin knife like the ones used to open letters.

He opened the door. I said thank you to him as he left. It was kind of creepy to sit inside a house all alone, that faced such a tragedy only a few days ago.
I thought of reading a book. The book with the unknown language really caught my eyes. I brought it out and sat on the sofa to read. There was something inside the book. But before I could open it I touched something wet on the cover. I looked over to my hand. There was blood. There was fresh blood on the cover. I carefully opened the page. There was a small thin knife inside the book. It was covered with fresh blood.

I somehow got up and called the police. They thought that it was a perfect match with the marks on the woman's hand. They took it for evidence they even took the book with them.

A month after that incident I asked my friend about the book. Where he got it?, who it belonged to? etc.

He was a cop. He said that he found the book at a crime scene a few months ago. It looked old so he brought it for me.

I asked him what the crime was. He replied that it was a murder suicide incident.
I was shocked after hearing that. I asked him if any of them had slits on their hands or not. He said that the woman had her hands slit.
I asked him if he got the knife. He said that the knife was inside the book.