Chapter 25

I fiddled with my fingers as I sat on the top of the van. I saw the car that they were driving pull up about three spaces down and they parked. Steve got out of the car, along with Sam. Steve looked up at me and smiled. All I did was glare at him.

"Cap." Clint greeted him.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I didn't have any other choice." Steve explained to him. I looked over at Bucky and saw he was looking at me. He gave me a forced smile then his eyes flickered to Steve's back and his face held anxiety and slightly fear.

"Hey, you're doing me a favor. Besides, I need it." Clint answered back to him.

"Thanks for having my back." Steve said, looking at Wanda.

"It was time to get off my ass." She replied.

"How about our other recruit?" Steve asked, turning back to Clint.

"He's ready to go. Might need to put a little coffee in him, he should be good." Clint said, sliding the door to the van open.

"What time zone is it?" Scott asked someone.

"Come on. Come on." Clint urged him forward and Scott looked at Steve. He shook Steve's hand but didn't let up.

"Captain America." Scott greeted him.

"Mr. Lang." Steve said professionally.

"It's an honor." Scott said, still shaking Steve's hand. "I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow, this is awesome. Captain America. I know you too. You're great." He said to Wanda then pointed up at me. "And you."

Everyone looked at me as I stared at Scott, smiling softly. Clint gave me a strange look as he glanced from the van to me.

"When did you get up there?" He asked. I shrugged and stood up. I jumped down, standing next to Wanda. I watched as Scott felt up Steve's arms.

"Geez ah look I want to say I know you know a lot of super people so thanks for thinking of me. Hey man." Scott said, turning from Steve to Sam.

"What's up, tic tac?" Sam asked him.

"Ah good to see you. Look, what happened last time,-""It was a great audition but it'll never happen again." Sam interrupted Scott.

"Did they tell you what we're up against?" Steve asked him.

"Something about some physio assassins." Scott kind of questioned his response.

"We're outside the law on this one. So if you come with us, you're a wanted man." Steve told him.

"Yeah well what else is new." Scott said.

"We should get moving." I looked at Bucky as he said it.

"We got a chopper lined up." Clint stated. Sirens started and someone spoke in a language that I didn't recognize.

"They're evacuating the airport." Bucky told us.

"Stark." Sam said.

"Stark?" Scott asked, probably not knowing who that was.

"Suit up." Steve told us.

"Wait, Riley?" I turned to Sam as everyone looked up from what they were doing. "You said you get your tic tac while I get mine. Where's yours?"

"He'll be here." I said.

I watched the video from Sam's arm as he got Redwing to fly around, looking for the quinjet. I reached across and took control of him as Sam huffed. I guided Redwing over to the huge metal crates.