a u t h o r ' s n o t e # 1

A U T H O R ' S N O T E

Listen to what crunches beneath your fur-lined boots, footprints that don't make a sound. Watch the blanket of twinkling mysteries, reflecting sunlight on its pale cheeks. Hear the whistle caressing with utmost care, the layers of skin retracting at its touch. Smell the refreshing blast of nothing, yet your senses are constantly invigorated. Feel the chilly embrace of winter, not always there, but also never faded.

This story goes out to the ones who believe that winter brings negativity. That the swirling winds of Mother Nature are designed to kill. That stalactites are sharpened for maiming and snow traps us in our own dungeon. This season also brings the warmest memories, glowing with the spirit of winter. This goes out to the ones who are six feet deep in despair. Winter's breath does not need to be warm; invigoration is the key.

For the snowmen who've been knocked down before are built back up with twice the vigour.

I N F O R M A T I O N

1. I wrote an epilogue for Eye Drops that tied everything off and now I'm writing a third one? *le gasp* This is why I should never make promises, because I can't keep them. Anyway, this is a spinoff, so you don't need to read Waffle Cones and Eye Drops to understand what happens in this story.

2. I don't have much else to say, except that I'm excited for another dialogue journey! I missed these short and sweet chapters, I really did. I hate being bogged down with loads of lengthy stories, though I'll begin working on them once this one is complete.

The first chapter will be up today or tomorrow, depending on how much physics and chemistry study I can get through. I love you, and hope you enjoy this story! <3

D E T A I L S

Status: Completed (Jul 2016 – Mar 2017)

Cover: evethespy

S Y N O P S I S

"You've reached Westerden Ski Lodge, how may I be of assistance?"

"Hey, can I have some snow boots and skis? Maybe even a girlfriend, if you've got any in stock."

"Awesome, do you want to order a life along with that? The gift wrapping's free of charge."

"I'll take what I can get."

All Andrew Hamilton had asked for were some nice snow boots and motivation to shake him from a dispiriting winter. He hadn't bargained for a snarky worker at the local skiing slopes, but that was how Quinn Avrett came into the picture. When they end up stuck in a massive snowstorm on Christmas Eve, they come to terms with the fact that their only connection is each other on the phone. That proves to be a problem, due to their mutual hatred.

But hey, there's nothing a mug of hot cocoa and some cozy snow boots can't fix, right?

© 2016 evethespy. All Rights Reserved.