Chapter 3

I follow this young man to God knows where, with this small puppy in my arms. It had fallen asleep. We reach, what seems to be his house, and its not far from the beach. Let alone far from my house. He unlocks the house and in runs Sunny. He chuckles and let's me walk in first closing the door behind us. I look around in awe as his house is gorgeous. "How are you going to find out if the dog has a owner or not?" I ask.

"Well.." He starts as he walks over to a cupboard in his large kitchen. "We're going to clean him up, feed him, give him water and tomorrow I'll take him to the dog shelter and see if he's got a chip." He says as he takes out supplies from the cupboard. "And if he doesn't?" I ask. He looks at me. "He'll be put in the dog pound. Maybe if he's lucky in a pet store because of his size." He says. I frown. "You wouldn't take him?" I ask. He frowns and shakes his head.

"One dog is enough for me. Especially Sunny. She's a hand full. And is a big dog." He says. I nod my head in agreement. I look down at the sleeping puppy in my arms. "You.. Wouldn't want him?" He asks. I look up at him. I haven't thought of that. I shrug. "I'm not sure. He's very sweet... But I've never owned a dog before. And I'm not sure of how to take care of him." I say. He gathers the things and walks towards me.

"I can help you out." He says with a grin playing on his lips. My heart pounds. "I'll have to think about it." I say. He nods. "Follow me." He says. I follow him right away, hoping not to get lost in his large house. "And I would start waking him up. He has to be awake for the bath." He says. I shift my arms as I walk and the puppies little eyes start to open. We enter a huge bathroom, Sunny follows. "You're next Sunny so be ready." He says.

Sunny let's out a little bark as if agreeing, which makes the small puppy bark back and wag its tail. "So I never got your name", he says as he readies the water. "Faith.. And yours?" I ask. He looks at me and smiles. "Hoseok." He says offering a hand. I nod. "Nice to meet you." I say taking his hand. "As to you." He says. We wait for the water to be a safe level for the puppy. "Okay. Its ready." He says. I slowly place the puppy in the water. Right away he starts to splash around.

The water slowly started to turn brown. "He's really dirty isn't he?" I ask, such a stupid question for me to ask. Am I nervous? He looks at me and nods. I hand him the dog soap and watch him scrub the puppy. Luckily. He's a very calm puppy, and isn't scared of the water. "Its a shame this puppy is a stray, its very well behaved and very sweet." Hoseok says as he washes the puppy calmly. "Yeah... Its a sad shame.." I say.

It took three washed to get the puppy completely cleaned. "Luckily he doesn't have flees." Hoseok tells me as he wraps the puppy in a towel and hands him to me. I gladly take him. Hoseok quickly scrubs the tub down then rinses it out. He whistles and in jumps Sunny. I smile as I look down at this small puppy in my arms. I can actually see his face now. He's quite cute. "So where did you get Sunny?" I ask him as I sit down on the toilet top.

"Found her." He says as he scrubs down Sunny. "Really?" I ask. He nods. "I was walking pass an alley one night after work and I heard whimpering. So I decide to check it out." He turns and looks at me. "It was the saddest thing I've ever seen." He says. His eyes watering a bit. "She was in a box with three other puppies.. But the others were all dead." He says. I don't notice my eyes watering as well. "I'm lucky I found her in time." He says.

"So I took her as my own and buried the rest in my back yard." He tells me as he turns back to scrub Sunny. I wipe my tears. "That's why.. When ever I find a stray dog, no matter how many. Or how big. I take it in and take care of it.. Clean it up and feed it. Before taking them to the pound." He looks at me again. "I know the pound isn't the best place for a dog.. But its much better than it being out by itself where it can get hurt or killed." He says.