chapter thirteen

Hey guys! I really hope you all actually read the author's notes that come before a chapter.

When you all vote and comment, I feel really special. When you all vote or comment on my story, it makes me feel like someone actually cares about the trash that I'm writing!

I read all the comments and try to reply as soon as possible. So thank you for voting and commenting, and if you don't do it, then please vote and comment! Share it with fellow Nalu shippers!

It makes my day a lot less unpleasant, to be honest–especially if it's a nice comment or a comment that gives me some positively worded criticism.

Sorry for the short-ish chapter! I was going to include a major plot move here, but I realized that it was going to be too long.

SORRY IF IT'S BORING, I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BORE YOU! I FEEL LIKE THIS IS TURNING OUT RLY BORING LOL SORRYYYY!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap:

Her grin faltered. Her beautiful blue eyes welled up with tears as she broke the staring contest that we subconsciously created. Her lips trembled as she focused her eyes on the cracked concrete below our feet.

"I-I have bad news too," she whispered so softly that I had to lean closer to hear her.

"What is it, Lis? I'll be here for you forever," I reassured her, my heart breaking at the waves of sadness that she emitted.

"No you won't, Natsu," she whispered even softer than before.

I raised an eyebrow.

She looked up at me, a single tear making its way down her porcelain like face.

I could barely hear the words that she said next, and when I did hear them, I regret that I strained my ears to hear what she had to say.

"Because I'm moving too, Natsu."

It seemed like my luck was temporary after all.

Lucy's POV

My eyes flitted around the room as I leaned back on the headboard of my bed. I wiped the perspiration that was forming on my temples. Letting out a puff of air, I swatted a short strand of hair from my heated face.

I felt something behind me sliding. Suddenly realizing that the headboard was dismantled and propped up against the wall, I quickly stood. I turned around and propped it up properly so that I wouldn't stub my toe while walking near it. Trust me, I've had too many instances where I was clutching my toes, hopping on one foot.