Chapter Thirty-seven

Thankyou Milly101Ponies for this awesome cover.

××

"This is impossible" Damien sighed whilst rubbing his temple.

"Maybe if you didn't run around the house chasing after me with a water gun, you would have more energy" I smiled sweetly at him.

"It's not my fault you ate my ice-cream" Damien replied making sure to emphasise the 'my' part.

I just rolled my eyes and peered over Xavier's shoulder to get another look at the code that they were trying to figure out.

I glanced up to see them exchanging glances. Great, what are they up to now. Something shifted I the air and I wasn't getting a good vibe from it.

I wearily looked between them. "Alright I'll let you guys get back to it"

As I went to turn Richard yelled out. "Wait Avery"

I turned back giving him confused look as I waited. However Steve and Richard were both avoiding my eyes and Damien's eyes held guilt.

"Prego perdonami per quello che sto per fare" Xavier said mumbling the last part.

"What?" I asked not knowing what he said.

I felt a jab in my arm and saw a needle injected in my arm. What the hell?

I started feeling light headed. Damien avoided eye contact. I noticed Xavier with a sad look but that only lasted a second as a cold look crossed his face.

I tried not to show any emotion but disbelief filled me. I felt dizzy as I slightly fell and Xavier tried grabbing me but I shoved his arms away trying to hold myself up. "Don't" I warned him.

"Why?" I asked. I tried not to show any emotion but disbelief filled me.

I started to lose my balance and fell. Just when I thought I'd hit the ground strong masculine arms lifted me up.

The last thing I saw was Xavier and then everything went black.

××

I did this chapter to tell you I will be doing it in Xavier's pov and I might be posting on Sunday or Saturday.

Remember to comment and vote.
~Ashley