Chapter 4

Edited. Comment, favorite and enjoy.

Yawning, she made her last phone call, all that was left to do was save her calling logs and she was done. Clicking using her computer mouse she saved her work and shut off everything for the night.

Everyone had already left. Her boss was still in his office with crumpled papers littered all over the floor. The files she organized for him still remained untouched, though this third cup of coffee and several plates of food she brought him over were piled on his desk.

Leaving the office required her to wall through her boss' office. Rosalinda nervously gripped her bag strap and made her way to the front of his desk. She was surprised to see him sleeping hunched over his papers. His face looked relaxed, even in the uncomfortable position he was in. He didn't have that usual scowl or narrowed eyes and matching frown. His facial expression was soft, hair was rumpled, suit jacket was off, tie was gone. A couple buttons were loose and his sleeves were rolled up.

His body was all muscle and no mushy bits. His forearms that were supporting his head were tensed up, making her want to run her hands up and down the rippling muscles. Rosalinda also wanted to lick those mouthwatering tattoos. They were tribal like, the jet black ink swirled and cut off into abstract angles.

Funny, he hid them well.

So badly she wanted to remove his shirt and see the rest of it. But she wouldn't dare. Slowly reaching out she touched his shoulder softly and gently rocked it side to side.

"Sir." Rosalinda softly said.

His face twitched and body slowly unraveled from the position he was in. His eyes opened and looked tired, not the usual ice cold gaze he had. "What time is it?"

Rosalinda fished for her phone and looked at the small digital clock on the small screen. "About one in the morning."

He pinched the bridge of his nose and breathed out heavily. "Why are you still here?"

Her stomach clenched in uncertainty. "I was finishing the list of things you had me do sir."

He chuckled bitterly. "Right." Rising to his feet he cracked his knuckles and back making Rosalinda wince. "You're free to go, be back here on time."

"Yes sir." Rosalinda walked out the office. The building was dark and deserted. Pushing the button the elevators came in no time since it as free from usage. By the time she reached the lobby her eyes were slowly closing.

She's never been this tired before. The diner was hard work, but her new job required all her attention and critical thinking. She was surprised she didn't have a migraine. But boy was she hungry. The bus stop wasn't that far, considering it was night time she was going to have to wait a bit for the bus to come. Sitting at the bench she made herself comfortable and waited.

The traffic lights flickered from green to yellow then red. Rosalinda thought about saving up for a car. Putting that in her mental to do list, she began staring at a black car that stopped in front of the bus stop as it waited for the light to change. It must be nice owning a car. Getting to drive home knowing she was safe. The bus was nice and all, but having a car would be beneficial.

From red to green the traffic light changed, yet the car still hadn't moved. Though the bus had arrived. Ignoring the car she climbed into the bus and went home. As soon as she reached inside her apartment she went to her room, grabbed a big shirt and went to shower. Coming back she wormed into her bed and snuggled into her covers thinking about all that happened at work.

Working for Mr. Wyatt wasn't that bad. Maybe he might see that she's pretty dedicated to the job and take her more seriously. He was so serious all the time, did he ever smile? Occasionally, he would smirk at her but never has she seen him a fully smile or laugh. Maybe he thought he looked ugly while doing it, which was ridiculous, because he was the most handsome man she's ever met. Even more attractive than Julian.