Chapter 21 - Slurring Secrets

As the week goes by everyone at school is either happy about the football team winning the championships or gossiping about Stacy Johnson's pregnancy. Stacy hasn't shown up to school in a while and even though she is mean to me I still am a little worried.

But anyway with the team winning the championships you could say that Noah's little fan club has expanded and they are trying their best to talk to him anyway they can. And they absolutely despise me. Through the week I have heard insult after insult thrown at me by one of them. But I shrug it off until someone brings up the Ryan situation. That's what gets to me. Only a few have mentioned it.

So soon the week was over and before I knew it, it was Saturday night, party night. I didn't want to go, as usual. I couldn't tell them I was sick because they all know I feel better. So here I am standing in front of a mirror looking at this short black dress that was forced onto me by Jessica. I was wearing heals and I could barley walk in them. I was extremely uncomfortable and I didn't like this. The dress was to my mid thigh and it was strapless. The dress belonged to Jessica's older sister and her older sister happens to be a size smaller than me so I feel like I'm suffocating.

"Jessica I'm not wearing this." I told her. She was sitting on my bed with a satisfied grin on her face. She was wearing a short red dress and matching heels. Her blonde hair was in curls on her shoulders.

"Of course you are." She said. I shook my head no.

"I am naturally clumsy and me and these heels will not be working out well." I told her.

"You'll have Noah to lean on." She smirked.

"Jessica I don't want to wear this." I replied.

"To bad you are." She smirked. The doorbell suddenly rang and I knew it was Noah and Everett here to pick us up.

"I got it!" I heard Jason yell. I sighed and looked back in the mirror. I do not want to wear this. I feel so uncomfortable showing off this much skin. I cross my arms over my chest and bite my lip.

"Woah.." A deep voice said. I turned towards the door seeing Noah, Jason, and Everett standing at my door with their jaws to the floor. I felt even more uncomfortable about this now. I didn't like the way Noah was looking at me. It was like he was going to eat me or something and I'm not a fan of cannibalism. That's just wrong on so many levels.

"Babe you look absolutely gorgeous." Jason told Jessica making her blush. I looked at Noah and he was still staring at me with the same expression on his face. I bit my lip even harder. He composed himself then walked over towards me slowly. When he made it to me his eyes scanned my body and I felt super uncomfortable.

"Stop." I told him squirming under his eyes. His eyes snapped to mine.

"Sorry." He said. "Skylar why are you wearing this?" He asked. Noah wasn't the type of guy who liked girls wearing these kinds of clothes. I mean I'm not trying to insult Jessica or her sister but this feels like I'm wearing nothing.

"Jessica made me." I mumbled quietly.

"You don't want to wear this, do you?" He asked. He knows me so well.

"No I don't." I said shaking my head.

"Go change to what you want to wear and I'll wait for you." He told me and I nodded. I walked to my closet and pulled out something a lot more comfortable and went to the bathroom to change. It was a pair of black skinny jeans, with a white off the shoulder top that said Forever on it in black letters and then I pulled on my black converses. It was simple but it was a lot better than that dress. I walked out the bathroom and was met by a smiling Noah, Jason, and Everett then a disappointed looking Jessica. She was probably mad that I wasn't wearing the dress. Noah came up to me and kissed my cheek making me blush.