Chapter 29: Taryn

"Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you." — Loretta Young

Taryn's POV

"...top supermodel Deshawn Prescott found dead in his room at his hometown at one o'clock in the afternoon. According to one of the relatives, he was devastated by his girlfriend's betrayal causing him to end his life. The family didn't reveal who was his girlfriend yet and avoided to speak to any of us. So far—"

I turned the TV off and pick up my car keys and headed out. It's Friday and I'm going to meet my best friends, Sammy long for Samuel and Azra Elias or Azrael as my friends and I prefer to call him. After securely locking my door, I quickly made my way to the elevator, then hit the G button. 

I let out a lungful of sighed and smiled unconsciously. I just moved into my very own penthouse I've been trying to save from. 

All the worries and troubles I had for the past weeks suddenly washed off with excitement. It has been my dream to have my very own personal place. I can buy a place, a few years back if I wanted to but I wanted a penthouse, a bigger one. And I didn't regret waiting. The penthouse is all I wanted. Spacious, elegant, and everything screams me. Dark and mysterious. 

When the guard saw me approaching, he nods at me and hastily walk over to the glass double door and pulls it open for me. 

"Thank you," as I gave him a small smile and walk out. My black BMW pulled in front of me and the valet came out from the driver seat and rounded the car. 

He planted himself in front of me with a stiff smile. "Here, sir," handing the key, tipping his head slightly. 

I just smiled and nod my head in return as I took the key, then I watch him swiftly turns on his heel then walk back to his usual spot.

Smiling unconsciously, I walk over to the driver side and slid in, then I started the engine. Gunning the engine once, I smiled with the angry sound it creates, the sound of the roaring motor seem to add another notch to my upbeat mood before driving away from the tall condominium building located in the middle of Athens.

Not long, I arrived at the Tarátsa Bar and Lounge. It wasn't busy yet, so I parked the car not too far the club in the back of the Taratsa building. It was a two-storey bar and was one of the busiest bars in Athens, starting at nine at night.

As soon as my car is securely locked, I made my way to the entrance door, rounding the building to the front. Agnus the bouncer was standing close to the entrance double door, two foot apart, hands are crossed one over the other positioned in front of his crotch. He straightened up when he saw me and smiled.

"It's nice to see you again, Tar!" he grinned as he approached me, and we shooks hands. I felt a soft pat on my shoulder as he releases my hand. He's as tall as me but way buffer than me. 

"Thanks, Agnus. Are—"

"They are inside," he nodded without letting me finished my sentence. 

"I'll see you around," I said and entered the room. The place is still calm. I saw my two friends at the bar, talking while drinking. I smiled as I made my way to the bar.

I stood behind them, my hands flung on both of their shoulders as I leaned in. 

"Whoah!" Sam said startled as he whipped his head to face me. I let out a soft chuckle and pat both of their shoulders softly. 

"I'm glad you came," Azi said as he raises his hand to get the bartender's attention. "Another Whiskey for him." The bartender nodded and took one martini bottle from the top shelves.