Chapter 13

"Come on, Eri

"Come on, Eri. Wake up."

Erikah Mikaelson groaned loudly and buried her face further into the pillow in an effort to block out the voice.

"Erikah Mikaelson, get your ass up." Erikah finally turned over and met the blue gaze of Caroline. She rolled her eyes at the blonde and turned to look at the digital clock on the bedside table.

7:00 am.

Erikah groaned again. "Seriously, Caroline. Why am I up?"

As soon as the question left her lips Katerina sauntered into the room, a bag of blood in her hand. She quickly threw the blood bag at Erikah, who caught it and finally sat up in bed.

"Our dear Caroline here has taken it upon herself to enroll us into the learning establishment." Katerina said formally, which caused both Caroline and Erikah to raise their eyebrows. Katerina laughed at their reactions. "I was channeling my inner Elijah."

Erikah nodded with a smile before she turned an expectant gaze to the other blonde in the room. Caroline sighed loudly and moved to sit at the edge of the bed. "Look, it might just help to go to school and pretend to be a normal teenager. Might get your mind off the Damon situation."

Erikah flinched slightly as she remembered what happened at the end of the ball.

"I'm gonna make you feel what I have felt for the past 9 decades."

"Or she could become annoyed by everyone there and we could end up killing someone." Katerina's voice snapped Erikah out of the memory.

"Multiple someones." Erikah said and smiled widely at Caroline. The blonde rolled her eyes and threw a pillow at the Mikaelson. "Speaking of, aren't you supposed to be explaining some things to the doppelgänger?"

"I suppose." Caroline answered before she got up from her seat on the bed. "But you guys are more important right now." She gave Erikah a meaningful look before reaching over and grabbing her hand. "You are more important."

Erikah smiled gratefully at her before she emptied her blood bag and threw it in the trash. "Fine. I'll go to your little school." Caroline's face broke into a wide smile and she pulled the girl into a hug.

"Ok, ok. You have about 20 minutes to get ready and then we leave. Don't want to be late for your first day." Then Caroline practically bounced out of the room.

"That woman is gonna be the death of us." Katerina sighed out after the blonde left the room. Erikah smiled at her brunette best friend as she moved to her closet, searching for something appropriate. "I mean, high school? Seriously?"

"Oh come on, Kat. It can't be that bad." Erikah held up a blue crop top and Katerina shook her head in disapproval.

"You say that now but wait until you get there." Katerina nodded at the black, flowery, see-through blouse that Erikah held up. "Most of them are a bunch of Elenas."