Sixteen

Wonwoo's face had cleared up, thanks to a lot of care from his friends (Mingyu especially), and the stealing of his mother's beauty products, yet just in case, Mingyu had bought a whole new box of Rilakkuma plasters for the older.

Mingyu had informed Wonwoo the day before that his house would be completely parent free for an entire weekend due to his mum and stepdad's incessant overworking of themselves, so Wonwoo had been invited for a date sort of occasion in the comfort of Mingyu's home. The bubble tea café had become their date hotspot, and it was rare that they visited anywhere else other than the occasional Pizza Hut or park date, and Wonwoo had only been in Mingyu's house for about twenty minutes before so the aspect of a house date was a little spooky to him.

It was because of this that on a Sunday afternoon, on which he would usually have been watching Free! in his room, that he was stood outside the Kim residence's front door, waiting to sum up the courage to knock.

Knocking, however, was unneeded as Mingyu's anticipating face appeared by the window to the front room, catching a glimpse of Wonwoo and rushing to the front door which was slammed open in an excited movement.

"Hey!" Mingyu smiled, grabbing his boyfriend's arm and pulling him into the house, closing the door behind them.

"Hi," said Wonwoo, wincing at Mingyu's tight grip on him, and at the same time comparing Mingyu to an excited puppy which he found insanely adorable.

"I cooked," said Mingyu, "I made lasagne."

"Can you even cook?" Wonwoo asked, trying not to imagine the disaster that would be Mingyu cooking anything.

"Yes, I can, actually, so shut up," Mingyu argued, rolling his eyes at the shorter.

Wonwoo didn't exactly believe Mingyu, but smiled anyway to make him happy. Mingyu smiled back and led Wonwoo into his front room, sitting him down unintentionally roughly on a brown suede sofa covered with white cushions.

"Choose a movie," Mingyu ordered, pointing a finger at a very confused Wonwoo and then at a shelf filled with DVDs, "just not The Fault In Our Stars because I'm an ugly crier."

Wonwoo doubted very much that anything Mingyu did could be ugly, but laughed and said "okay". The other left the room to work on his lasagne, leaving Wonwoo with the responsibility of choosing a movie. He resisted the temptation to pick Mean Girls, and instead decided on Frankenweenie which was enough to satisfy his emo needs as a Tim Burton film. Wonwoo slid the DVD out from the shelf and held it in his hands, taking a moment to read the back and stare blankly at the cover, before his gaze drifted to the other items on the shelves in the room.

On the shelf above the DVDs were stacked boxes of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, which had made Wonwoo smile, yet feel a little jealous since his Yu-Gi-Oh! collection only consisted of three cards that had turned into bookmarks and he considered stealing a couple packs of Mingyu's. Next to the cards and covering the rest of the shelves were rows of photos in frames. Wonwoo chuckled to himself at a picture of pre-highschool Mingyu with black hair and a serious expression, and then at a baby photo of a very small, yet very recognisable Mingyu.

"Yah," came Mingyu's voice from behind him, and Wonwoo felt two arms wrap around his waist from behind, "stop looking at them, I was such an ugly baby."

Wonwoo laughed. "You were so cute, what happened to you?"

"I got hot," Mingyu responded, resting his chin on Wonwoo's shoulder and laughing too.

Wonwoo had gotten used to skinship from Mingyu in a fairly short amount of time since they had become a thing. Mingyu liked to hold hands, and play with hair, and hug and kiss, and a month before Wonwoo would have been stiff and uncomfortable and trying not to fangirl at the taller boy's actions. More recently, however, Wonwoo had started to grow a lot more comfortable; snuggling into hugs and once he had even initiated a hug of his own accord. Wonwoo linked his hand around one of Mingyu's and smiled.