Chapter 25: Part two

"Alex, I swear to god you better bring more then just a machete bro!" Jason shouts out across the industrial designed warehouse basement that acts as one of our storages for the organization's weapons.

I roll my eyes and turn toward him, noticing that everyone in the room is now looking at me in either amusement or worry. We are all dressed in identical black on black carhartt pants, combat boots, bullet proof vests under black v-neck long sleeve shirts. Waving the large knife in my hand I say, "Why would I do some silly shit like that?! I was going to pack more stuff! Jeez!"

Jason just snorts and turn back toward his sit down station continuing to load his AK. I look down at my favorite weapon and sigh before sheathing it to my outer thigh. I quickly make work of loading and packing the rest of my guns and ammo. "You think that he is going to be there Alex? Or will it be some bullshit trap?" Jason calls out across the basement. I shake my head at the same question that he has asked me about a million times since I showed him Emma's note.

"He will be there and if he isn't then we will be ready for whatever we walk into." I say firmly. As I look down at my phone, a tug deep in my chest occurs. I refuse to say goodbye. I never believe in saying goodbye for the purpose of possibly not coming back. Hell I figure if someone is so hell bent on saying goodbye to the ones that they love before leaving off to do something dangerous, they aren't too confident on getting out of it in the first place.

I am confident in this. Picking up my phone, I scroll down to her contact and smile at the picture that I had on it. She is in mid laughter with my coconut in her arms while Lucas hugs her waist wearing a huge smile on his little face. Meine Familie (my family), the very reason I do majority of the shit that I do. I should just call her anyway. Not to say goodbye but just to hear her sexy voice.

After a few rings, Eve picks up the phone. "Hello" her husky voice calls out sleepily over the receiver. I clear my throat before responding, "Hey Schätzchen. I-I just wanted to hear your voice." I blurt out before she can fuss at me on how late it is. We are still living apart and going to therapy twice a week. It's been hell but things are getting slowly better. I am glad we were able to spend sometime binge watching tv earlier today. After the cafe, I took Julian with me to Ms. Cheryl's house and we played with the kids for the rest of the day.

"Alex, everything okay? You want to talk about it or_"

"No, everything is great. I love you. I just wanted to call you and tell you that. I love you."

"I love you too Alex. Are you sure everything is okay?" she asks. I can hear the smile in her question. I smile as well as I think about how much more beautiful she is when she does smile. "I am positive. Everything is going perfect. I will talk to you later okay? Get some rest sweetheart."

She mummers out a goodnight and we both hang up. I am still smiling down at the phone when I hear Jason in the background making kissing noises and the male laughter of my men. I roll my eyes and flip them all off. "Fuck you guys." I snap out before grabbing my black duffle bag after pulling on a pair of black gloves and head out the door.

***********************************

We move in unison through the high grass in the woods on the out skirt of the upstate mansion. This is where the nasty fuck as been hiding, who would have thought he would run to such a small town. As we ease forward as one with me out in front and my men spread out around me, I raise my hand silently and motion for them to slow down.

Once we break through the clearing, my snipers who are set up in trees surrounding the estate, quickly take out the guards at the gate and posts. Jason rushes forward and scales the stone wall surrounding the property. He then quickly hacks into the system at the guard station and opens the gate.